1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBC bans Ann Coulter (for life?)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Jan 6, 2009.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

What's really sad is there are far more thoughtful and cogent conservatives out there who would be better mouthpieces for the movement, but will never get a fraction of the airtime Coulter will because they don't call people names and say outrageous things. If anything, conservatives should be the people most upset about the attention she and the Michael Savages of the world get. I know I'd wince if Mike Malloy was presented as some liberal arch-type and trotted out like an organ grinder's monkey to spout "Bush Crime Family" or referring to Tim Russert, even after his death, as "Media Whore Number One."

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

"Bush Crime Family" . . . that has a nice ring to it.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Actually, MSNBC's brass also put out memos not wanting Bush criticized after 9/11. That was (part) of the reason why the Phil Donohue show was taken off the air.

So, instead of a liberal bias, it appears that NBC just wants to kiss off their responsibility to be skeptical about a president in favor of becoming cheerleaders.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Cheerleading gets you FAR better access.

See: ESPN.

5. ehlobuddy

ehlobuddy New Member

Looking down your nose at someone else's Christianity...how Christian of you. "Judge not, lest ye yourself shall be judged...." or something like that.

6. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

I don't understand why everyone gets worked up about Coulter. It's important to keep in mind what she is: a performance artist. She's a comedienne. (And I used to say the same about Al Franken, but, whatever.)

Everything she does is to sell more books. She is not a conservative. She should not be thought of as a conservative commentator -- by anyone, left or right.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Hate-driven "Christianity" isn't Christianity, at all.

8. ehlobuddy

ehlobuddy New Member

So "hate" drives Ann Coulter's faith? I find it astounding you could surmise that from watching her television appearances, reading her books and blog and listening to her on the radio. I guess these media outlets are all just little windows to Ann's soul, huh.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Hate is all she has. Anybody who fails to see something that obvious should not be allowed (for their own protection) to use power tools ... or, perhaps, encouraged to use them even more often.

10. ehlobuddy

ehlobuddy New Member

I have a great idea...why don't we burn her books while we're at it? Get rid of all that pesky hate she spews.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

She has a right to access to the marketplace.

That isn't the point of this debate.

We all know what is . . . . the fact that Annie's hate-harangues fuel her popularity,
    as her fans stroke themselves while mouth-breathing "Uh, huh, uh, huh, she's riiiiiighttttt . . . ahhh".

Some simply refuse to acknowledge it.

Know that for some, listening to bilefests is fun. It's certainly less painful than honest thought. But it doesn't contribute to learning, and it avoids confronting the pivotal issues.

12. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Kinda redundant though.

Draft saved Draft deleted