1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBC bans Ann Coulter (for life?)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Jan 6, 2009.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Coulter wasn't actually banned from NBC. Thanks for your effort at non-reality.

2. ehlobuddy

ehlobuddy New Member

Yeah, because the network said she wasn't...and they, especially NBC, would never alter reality...ain't that right, Brokaw.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Fact: Coulter was bumped in favor of the former prime minister of the United Kingdom.

Thanks for playing and have a happy Tony Blair Day.

4. ehlobuddy

ehlobuddy New Member

present

there, I weighed in

5. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I'm sure there are a few posters here who will 'hate' an opinion if it doesn't jive with their belief system.

But if old_tony or ehlobuddy truly believe that the anti-Coulter sentiment around here is simply because she's a conservative, they're being disingenuous.

Her hatred, venom and bile serve no purpose other than to demonize the other side while ignoring the actual issues of the day. In what way does she help further the cause of improving this country?

She doesn't. Her sole purpose is to further divide the red from the blue, rile up the 'base', infuriate the opposition and make a ton of cash. In that regard she does her job rather well.

There isn't a media outlet in the country that is obligated to give her a platform, however.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I loved how she got in the shot during her interview about Dateline rigging the pickup truck to explode.

7. ehlobuddy

ehlobuddy New Member

Like I said, she is not my cup of tea...however, there is another side to it. There are plenty of liberals who use the whole "fire up the base" with ignorant statements, hatred (of Bush, mainly) and immaturity and they are not getting stones thrown their way. Hell, one is being allowed to steal a Senate seat as we speak. And should we check with you to see who is obligated to give who a platform in the future? Or maybe should we just let people figure out what they agree with and what they don't?

8. Trouser_Buddah

That was a great burn on Matt Lauer...

9. Trouser_Buddah

Steal a senate seat? As Fenian would say, show your work, please.

No need to check with me on who's obligated, etc. It was a response to your assertion that NBC was stifling Coulter's right to free speech, which is ridiculous because there is no inherent right to appear on national TV.

10. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

And Coulter spews all this hatered while claiming to be a Christian.
    Guess I didn't read the same Bible she did.

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

So what's the excuse for all the hatred so many on the left here spew?

12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

If she's a Christian the word "hate" shouldn't even be in her vocabulary.
    We're not talking about what "so many on the left here" are saying. That has nothing to do with this.

Draft saved Draft deleted