1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBC bans Ann Coulter (for life?)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

As I've said before, Ann Coulter should either stop staying she's a Christian or start acting like one.

2. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

That is the first time I've watched Coulter on TV in 3 years.

I think I'm good for quite awhile. She's still as reprehensible as ever.

3. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Yeah, even Bill Maher, who tolerated her for the shock value, finally put the kibosh on her.

4. Until she's on Rock Of Love, don't bother calling me.

5. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

At least she's recovered from her broken jaw. What surgery that must've been, with having to remove her foot first.

6. ehlobuddy

ehlobuddy New Member

You libs are a scream...taking this "holier than thou" approach to Ann Coulter, meanwhile, for eight years, we got all kinds of "Bush is Hitler" shit in the media. We had Michael Moore blatantly manipulating interviews and putting out the most unethical trash ever produced...where was his ban? I am seriously surprised here...though new to the board I would think journalists would be of the opinion that people should be willing to make up their own minds...everyone should be outraged if it actually is a BAN simply because she is not an Obama lover. Ann Coulter is not my cup of tea. She has no idea what moderation is and it seems like, with every statement she makes, she goes way over the top. It's like she goes "all-in" on every hand and, to be honest, her spiel bores me. We get it, Ann, you think Obama is bad for this country. However, how can anyone in this business not be outraged by the stifling of free speech? New to this board, as I said, but have always heard great things about the exchange of ideas on here. I guess I can just chalk this up to some kind of mob mentality on a thread.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

8. That, of course, is assuming Drudge's story is true, which you are.

9. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

1) She was NOT banned from NBC.

2) Denying Ann Coulter a slot on the Today show is not a stifling of free speech. I have never been invited to the Today show, and I am quite sure that my right to free speech is still unencumbered.

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Eggs, you actually have it right. The mob mentality of the left here pretty much reflects the mob mentality of the left in reporting politics. There is no room to allow an opinion that doesn't fall in line with the DNC. You're new here, but if you read the threads dating back to the election season, you'll find that the hatred spewed by the so-called tolerant left simply because someone else's opinion doesn't fall in line with the DNC is unbelievable.

11. ehlobuddy

ehlobuddy New Member

Oh, the "I have never been on the Today Show" argument...tell me, are you a bestselling author? What if they banned Steven King because he's a lunatic? I get it, we rationalize.

12. ehlobuddy

ehlobuddy New Member

I'll take your word for it...why go back and read the old threads? I am sure they are just like every other message board full of people that much smarter than you and I. Oh, to be young and a raging idealist again.

Draft saved Draft deleted