1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBC bans Ann Coulter (for life?)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Jan 6, 2009.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

http://news.aol.com/political-machine/2009/01/06/drudge-nbc-bans-ann-coulter-for-life/?icid=100214839x1216685154x1201097842

Drudge: NBC Bans Ann Coulter For Life (Updated with VIDEO)

By Tommy Christopher
    Jan 6th 2009 7:39AM

Wow, yet another similarity between Ann Coulter and Pete Rose.

Drudge is reporting that NBC scrapped a Coulter appearance at the last minute, and that the network has banned her from its air for life:

The nation's top selling conservative author has been banned from appearing on NBC, insiders tell the DRUDGE REPORT.

"We are just not going to have her on any more, it's over," a top network source explains.

But a second top suit strongly denies there is any "Coulter ban".

I hate to pat myself on the back, but it looks like my headline from yesterday was dead-on. While Coulter's de-fanged fashion critique was a sobering omen for the right-wing press, the fact that even that got her banned from NBC portends a rough 8 years.

I find it curious that NBC stuck with Coulter through "faggot" jokes and 9/11 widow-trashing, but has taken a stand now. I also wonder if NBC will stick with the ban even if Coulter thinkds up a cheesy but popular game show premise.

I've also been told by a close friend that Coulter is a delight in person, corroborating Matt Lewis' description. I'm also told that Hannibal Lecter threw a hell of a dinner party.

Drudge goes on to say that others at NBC, including Joe Scarborough, are opposing the ban. I say that it is hypocritical for NBC to exploit Coulter when the political winds blow her way, but to "find their outrage" now that Obama is in office.

UPDATE (8:39 am): Ann Coulter appears on CBS's The Early Show. Video is here (below the story on the above link)

2. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

If only we had a politics board for this kind of stuff...

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/65447/

3. Cousin Oliver

Cousin Oliver New Member

Ann Coulter turns my out-y into an in-y.

4. cortez

cortez Member

Ann Coulter's not about politics, she's about.........Hell, I don't know

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

She was great in Lord of the Rings.

6. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I'll blame forgetting to check the politics board on my kid keeping me up most of the night :D

7. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

That's an acceptable excuse.

8. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Now that's just precious.

9. Wendy Parker

Wendy Parker New Member

NBC's mistake was letting her on the air in the first place.

10. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

It was quite the interesting interview between Ann & Matt on the Today Show this morning...wow.

11. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

That was the worst first-half-hour segment in the history of Today.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Yeah, let's make fun of the future president by using his middle name!!!

I might re-watch it, but I think she touches her hair when she outright knowingly lies.

You have to think her schtick is starting to sour to most people.

Draft saved Draft deleted