1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA's Stern: Turn that goddam noise down!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by goalmouth, May 13, 2008.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

My kids are at the age I was when I went to Bucks games as a kid.

With the ticket prices being what they are, I don't even consider the NBA an option. Which is too bad, because the game itself is good for kids.

2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I went to a Nets game last season, and at halftime they rolled out a School of Rock-type kids band who absolutely tore it up on Zep's "Communication Breakdown."

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I could live with that.

4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

This situation doesn't apply for a couple reasons:

--It's halftime. Halftime is fair game, that doesn't bother me one bit. The problem is trying to overwhelm us with sound during every pause in play DURING the game. And sometimes not even during pauses, but piped in sound effects during play. That's annoying as shit.

--LIVE music played by instruments actually at the arena is immensely better than canned music played over speakers. Organs are cool, bands are cool, but blaring the umpteenth replay of mony mony through a distorted speaker system is not.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Part of a strange societal trend in recent years ... everything has to be LOUD ... NBA arenas, car stereos, home stereos, etc.

6. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Streetlife with Warren Wiegratz weeps.

7. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

DEE-TROIT BAS-KET-BALL!

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Day 26 played at halftime of the Cavs/Celtics game Monday night. It sucked. They weren't nearly loud ENOUGH!

Everything else was pretty loud, and we ate it up.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Perhaps Stern can lead the way by eliminating the kerflufle at the All-Star Game. Guidelines can be short.
    1. Don't shut off arena lights
    2. No fireworks, fire or smoke.
    3. Introductions cannot exceed two minutes.

Draft saved Draft deleted