1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA writer caught double-dipping

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Inky_Wretch, Jul 18, 2008.

1. MMatt60

MMatt60 Member

If it's "none of our business," Scoop, why are you commenting on it?

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Laughable.

3. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

I could so double-dip for the Plain Dealer!

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Funny thing was, that if you look at the posts, this topic was on its way to petering out on its own. But as soon as Scoop went to Wright's defense and fostered new discussion, it's found a whole new life of its own.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Y'all best be careful, or Scoop will be challenging you to a press box brawl ...

6. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

The thing is, reporters find out, talk about, write about and analyze lots of things that others would consider none of their business. It's what they do.

If anybody wants to stop them talking/writing about something based on what's known so far, then they need to present new information or new sources to check and confirm.

Otherwise, there's no pass, and no For The Record or retraction, either. That's how it goes.

7. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Buzz Bissinger says bring it on.

8. Scoop returns

Scoop returns Member

Okay, if it so important to discuss then why don't each one of you post your real names at the end of your comments?....I didn't think so. It's easy to be critical and scathing when you're anonymous. If you log in as yourself then have at it.

9. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

The fact that you're just resorting to attacking people without posting what's wrong with the report is making me think there is nothing wrong with it. Please correct me if I'm wrong, I have absolutely no first-hand knowledge of the situation.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Blah, blah, blah.

As reporters we dish it out. We should be able to take it as well.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

The Scene's name is on the report.

12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Scoop, your stupidity is appalling. As most stupidity is.

Draft saved Draft deleted