1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA: Will you be watching when? ANSWER:NO!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by footballworld, Jun 11, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I find not knowing the outcome in advance helps a lot of sports lure fans...

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

If you don't want And 1, why would you want the Phoenix Suns to be in the finals? They're EXACTLY like And 1.

3. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

One thing I want: if a guy is going to thunder down the lane, put the ball on the floor after the third or fourth step, just for variety.

But mostly I want the college basketball season to begin.

Now if Brandon Roy ever makes it to the finals, I just may watch a bit of that. Give it a year or two; stranger things have happened.

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

No, they're not.

The Suns play basketball. And 1 is an awful version of NBA All-Star Weekend.

5. Chuck~Taylor

And 1: play NO defense
    Phoenix Suns: play NO defense

And 1: have point guards continue to throw fantastic passes no fear of turning the ball over
    Phoenix Suns: has a point guard that continues to throw fantastic passes and continues to turn the ball over

And 1: Dunks and dunks and more dunks
    Phoenix: Yes and yes and yes

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Doesn't make the Suns And 1. Makes And 1 want to be the league that emulates the Suns' uptempo style. But does it badly.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

My beer-league hockey team: Places little focus on defense

1980's Edmonton Oilers: Places little focus on defense

My beer-league hockey team = 1980's Edmonton Oilers

Logic Can Be Fun!

8. Chuck~Taylor

What are you talking about?
    And 1 has been around way longer than the Suns hb. If anything, it's the Suns that are emulating And 1.

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

You don't know what you're talking about. Teams like the Suns and the Mavs and Golden State, teams that play an entertaining uptempo style, people are going to pay their hard earned money to see or they're going to watch on t.v. Judging from the t.v. ratings, no one wants to see the Spurs and Cavs take turns missing eight footers in the lane.

There is no appeal to this series. There is nothing to draw in the casual viewer.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Chuck, just stop. Please.

11. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

seriously.....but the NBA is like And1 in some ways....like playing music during the game? WTF is that?

12. Chuck~Taylor

But if everyone started playing that way(which will happen because more people are seeing that it's the way to go nowadays), people would start talking about the lack of defense in the game.

Draft saved Draft deleted