1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA: Who will emerge from the West and why?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Tripp McNeely, Feb 6, 2008.

?

Which team will win the Western Conference?

1. Spurs

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. Suns

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. Lakers

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  4. Mavs

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

With the flurry of player movement the last week or so in the Western Conference (Webber to Golden State; Gasol to the Lakers; Shaq to the Suns), which team will emerge and represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals come June?

My guess, at this current date, is the Lakers. Of course it all hinges on the return of Andrew Bynum. But, I have a feeling that Gasol and Bynum will complement each other very well, since Gasol has the ability to play the high post and knock down 10-15 footers on a consistent basis, while Bynum has the ability to dominate on the low blocks.

The Lakers' starting five (Fisher, Kobe, Odom, Gasol and Bynum) is second to none in the league and their bench features shooters (Vujacic and Radmanovic), heady passers (Farmar and Walton) and guys willing to do the dirty work (Ariza and Turiaf).

2. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

The Sonics. I just have a feeling.

3. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

I think you're HUNGRY for Sonic. :)

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Was it my imagination, or were the Hornets the top team in the West a week ago?

5. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

I didn't know which team (of the ones I have listed) to take out in favor of the Hornets, who I think are a bit inexperienced. I figured OTHER would suffice in case a Nuggets, Jazz, Hornets or Warriors fan wanted to vote for their team.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Until they get bumped off, I gotta go with that golden oldie (literally), the Spurs.

7. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Does anyone care? It's the NBA.

8. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I would watch Suns-Lakers.

9. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

I do. If Parker's eventually healthy, I'll still go with the Spurs.

Draft saved Draft deleted