1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA schedules: Oops!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smokey33, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Smokey33

Smokey33 Member

The NBA schedules just came out. Every team I looked at had games vs. Seattle and vs. OKC, as if they forgot to change all the 'Seattles' to 'OKC.'

Someone needs to show them the find and replace key.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

The ones on my wire don't have any mention of Seattle.

3. Smokey33

Smokey33 Member

The ones on various team websites do feature Seattle. All of the ones I've checked have at least one mention of a game against Seattle.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Ahh, I see.

I thought you meant the ones the AP just moved.

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I'm really looking forward to that Rochester vs. Cincinnati matchup on Feb. 3.

6. Smokey33

Smokey33 Member

Here's the Grizzlies schedule. They play Seattle twice.

[​IMG]

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Aren't they playing that one in Hershey, PA?

8. occasionally

occasionally Member

On NBA.com, looks like they all say OKC, but check out the link if you mouse over OKC (which should be a re-direct to the team's website) ... Looks like the league scooped itself with a nickname announcement ...
    http://www.nba.com/schedules/?month=10

Also, it may be a glitch, but on the schedules listed on the team websites, there appears to be a s---load of neutral-site games on Feb. 27 and April 15. No one's schedule announcement releases refer to them, however, so this could again be just a glitch.

9. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

OKC website re-direct has been turned into "page not found" but this still is there:

"We apologize for the inconvenience, but the page you are looking for http://www.nba.com/thunder/
    might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable."

THUNDER! A storm's a-brewing on the plains.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Looking to check for a few choice Ft. Wayne home dates.

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

So they're leaving OKC in the Pacific?

And I've already got season tickets for the Anderson Packers.

12. occasionally

occasionally Member

They were in the Northwest with Portland and those other great Northwest markets, Denver, Utah and Minnesota.

Probably need to move Portland into the Pacific and put Phoenix into some re-named division.

Draft saved Draft deleted