1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA rolls out new official basketball

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Zeek, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Zeek

Zeek Member

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Looks fine to me. Nothing ever beat the street ball that Pizza Hut sold a decade or more ago. Great ball right there.

3. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

You've got to be kidding me. Who would spend a bill on a ball?

4. Lion_Woods

Lion_Woods Active Member

Wow, u brought back memories. I remember all of my buddies going to play at this outdoor court that was really bad. No one would bring their good basketballs, so we always packed the Pizza Hut ball because we didn't give a shit what happened to it.

5. Oscar Gamble

Oscar Gamble New Member

The same parents who buy their kids $380 aluminum bats and $250 baseball gloves.

6. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Time to buy up the short-timer current official ball and get them signed by Michael, Magic, Bird, Shaq.....

7. trounced

trounced Active Member

The recreational player will really like the new NBA ball because it won't become anywhere near as slick as the old NBA ball.

8. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

a good glove is certainly worth $250

9. Overrated

Overrated Guest

I paid $170 for a Nokona softball glove a couple years ago. It's amazing.

10. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Usually you get what you pay for, but it's a friggin rubber ball.

11. Oscar Gamble

Oscar Gamble New Member

A good glove certainly is a worthwhile purchase for the high school player or a 13-14-year old full-time travel player. My comment was meant towards the parents that buy their 10 & 11 year olds high-line equipment.  I live in an affulent area and I shake my head when I see an 11-year old with a Wilson A2000 or A3000  or a Rawlings Pro Preferred Glove playing in a park district sponsored league.  That's just nuts.  A $60 glove should be more than good enough until they're ready to move up to a 90-foot base diamond.  Too many parents think that expensive equipment will automatically make their kids better players.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted