1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA Refs Suck

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SockPuppet, Jun 18, 2006.

1. printdust

printdust New Member

Re: David Stern is a son of a b1tch

No, the reason the NBA refs suxk is a totally different subject. David Stern is a son of a bitch.

2. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

So suspend him. Who cares? The country's tired of looking at Cuban's ugly mug anyway.

3. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

So, WTF, they're gonna suspend an OWNER? He'll just pay the fine.

4. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Not sure of the NBA rule(s), but on the inbounds play to Wade, he jumped from the front court to the back court, then caught the ball. Is that an over and back? I thought a player had to establish his position on the floor to determine which side of the mid-court line he was on.
    Wade also appeared to push off on Jason Terry and the foul that was called certainly wasn't much contact.
    Maybe Harris or Nowitzki should have tackled or hip checked him. Then Stu "I earn my salary" Jackson could have reviewed the film and suspended the guilty player.

5. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

they tried fining cuban -- now they're sticking it to him the way they know it'll hurt -- by fucking his team

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Didn't see the inbounds play but if they were inbouding from the front court (after time out following Mavs basket?), Wade can not go backcourt. That is a violation.

7. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Last call was a phantom, agreed, but every other Wade trip to the line there was obvious contact.

8. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Spnited, I've seen a lot of hoops and that's the way I saw it, a BC violation. He caught the ball while airborne before establishing himself in BC. Miami was inbounding from the sideline in FC after a timeout.

9. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Wade's tying basket at end of regulation, I thought he shouldered Griffin out of the way on his way to the hoop. Thought that could have been an offensive foul, but you let the players play, right?
    NBA benefits more from having Shaq win another title, anointing another young superstar in Wade instead of having a team with a German star win.
    Fuck David Stern and his NY syncophants.

10. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

From Rule 8, III

e. Any ball out-of-bounds in a team's frontcourt or at the midcourt line cannot be passed into the backcourt. On all backcourt and midcourt violations, the ball shall be awarded to the opposing team at the midcourt line, and must be passed into the frontcourt.
    EXCEPTION: During the last two minutes of the fourth period and/or any overtime period, the ball may be passed anywhere (frontcourt or backcourt) on the court.

11. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I thought that could have been a foul on Griffin.

12. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

HBL:
    Understood. However, Wade left FC, jumping in the air to BC, receiving the ball while in the air. Does the NBA rule say that the player has established his position in the FC until he lands in the BC?

Draft saved Draft deleted