1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA Refs Suck

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SockPuppet, Jun 18, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Why does anyone watch the NBA?

It's such a complete fucking fixed joke.

I could give two shits who wins or loses this thing, but as Grampy points out, there are two of the wimpiest ticky tack calls and they're both called in the last two seconds. I wonder who will get the ticky tack calls in the late seconds in Game Six in Dallas?

Fucking joke.

Hey Shaq, speak the fuck up.

2. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

One of my best friends has long said the NBA is fixed.

I sure hope that's not the case, but it's moments like tonight that make me wonder if he's on to something.

3. printdust

printdust New Member

David Stern is a son of a b1tch

For all you people hoping for a Mavs comeback in this series, turn to your Christmas list instead. Stern's hoods in stripes will be executed before they let their boss hand a trophy over to Mark Cuban. End of subject.

4. CarlSpackler

CarlSpackler Active Member

Ridiculously long games, shitty calls... I can't take this league seriously anymore. This is terrible.

5. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

Re: David Stern is a son of a b1tch

You didn't feel that could go on the NBA Refs Suck thread?

6. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

Re: David Stern is a son of a b1tch

He's an SOB for playing a Finals game on a Sunday night that starts at 9 p.m. Eastern.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

how the fuck does an NBA game end later than a baseball playoff game?

That's the most mind-boggling thing. A fast-paced ballgame with considerably fewer TV timeouts (I imagine, the last time I watched a full NBA playoff game backstabber Riley was still with Showtime) somehow takes longer to complete than a dragged out baseball game. Fuck, I think Game Five of the 2004 ALCS ended quicker than tonight's game.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Winnipeg and Quebec used to do that too

9. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

In OT, each team is given three MORE timeouts, and they could carry over a 20 if they have it. There's potential for EIGHT timeouts in a five-minute overtime.

10. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

I've got no rooting interest in this series whatsoever, but seriously, Jordan is the only player I've ever seen get taken care of by the refs the way Dwayne Wade was tonight. There was very little contact on Wade's last drive, and none of it came from Nowitzki, who got called for the foul. If any other player than Wade had been involved, it would have been a no-call. Dude's a great player, but c'mon.

11. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

AP story.
    Possible suspension?

With players storming to the locker room, team owner Mark Cuban ran onto the court and screamed at offical Joe DeRosa, then went to the scorer’s table and stared down NBA commissioner David Stern and other league officials. Cuban then went up the tunnel toward their aisle and kept screaming and staring.
    Stern made his way out, but Cuban, who was wearing the jersey of suspended forward Jerry Stackhouse, didn’t let up.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

Thereby guaranteeing that the refs will so royally fuck the Mavs in Game 6 that they have absolutely no chance in hell of winning.

Draft saved Draft deleted