1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA Refs Suck

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SockPuppet, Jun 18, 2006.

1. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I tracked down the backcourt rulings from Sunday..... I don't find the rule you are referencing.

2. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I can't tell if you're using the sarcasm font or being serious. If it's the former, well played. If it's the latter, then you're a doofus or a Heat fan (or both).

3. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Didn't see the end of the game, but did Jason Terry possibly get fouled trying the final game-tying shot?
    When did the NBA turn into Girls High School Basketball. The foul against Nowitzki, 18 feet from the basket, when Wade effing PUSHED OFF and inititiated the contact? That's total BS.

4. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I've got a couple of questions here. Simply questions.

First, are some of you saying you think the series was rigged?

Second, if so, why? I mean, I know Cuban isn't exactly a favorite around the league office and all, but do they hate him that much? Or love Wade and Shaq and Riley that much?

And believe me, I'm not leaning one way or the other on this. I'm more with Fuerte -- the refs tend to suck balls from the start of the season until the end. There is absolutely no consistency whatsoever on either end. Stars are given waaaaaaaayyyyy too much leeway -- far more than in any other sport. And the outcomes of NBA games, more than any other professional game, are dictated by the officials.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

His jersey was grabbed as he was trying to find an opening to shoot . . . but before he attempted the shot.

Not a bad idea. Foul 'em before they have a chance to hoist a 3-pointer. Best they can do is get within one.

But it wasn't called, which could have been a bad break for the Heat had the 3-pointer gone in.

6. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

So, the refs blew it again. A foul should be a foul, no matter the player, the time on the clock or the score. All I'm saying is that some of the calls that went Wade's way in this series were ticky tack, barely-touched-him fouls. No conspiracy theories or rigged game theories. Just that the NBA's officials SUCK.
    Bring back Earl Strom.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

. . . and you-all said it couldn't be done . . . ;D

8. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Nowitzki stumbled and was out of control. At that point, Wade has him dead to rights.

Draft saved Draft deleted