1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA Playoffs Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

And as someone who's seen me, what do you think of the facial comparison?

Paul was awesome today, definitely looked like the '08 version. I think they'll need Ariza to do something to win the series. He had an almost historically bad shooting season as far as the combo of 3s, FG and FT and today was even worse.

Is Odom live-Tweeting his reality show again this week? I'm not one who usually buys into outside distractions since these guys have personal lives no ones knows about - I mean, as a kid I thought Magic Johnson went home after games and watched tape or shot free throws at the hoop in his house; didn't realize he was having sex with six women in a hot tub in the Forum - but it does seem like Odom's been pretty crappy the last few weeks as the show's debuted.

2. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

Small Town, I don't watch any of that reality stuff, so I'll defer to your judgment.

Knicks-Celtics, meanwhile, has been kind of weird. Melo gets two fouls in the first minute and a half of the game, sits the whole first quarter, and the Knicks are up 12 at halftime.

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Ha, very true.

I'm gloomy about everything regarding these guys until the title is won or lost. Picked Denver to win final two games two years ago in conference finals. Thought Oklahoma City would eliminate L.A. in first round last year.

During Game Seven last year, I actually got so bitter I plugged in Grand Theft Auto San Andreas when the Celtics led by 13. Came back 20 minutes later to find the Lakers making a run.

So yeah, during Lakers playoffs my takes aren't the most optimistic. Comes from being let down by all my other teams.

4. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

Sounds like you're just getting the normal playoff ulcer. I swear, my pro teams have been so bad for so long, that I almost forgot what it was like, until a couple years ago, when one of my teams re-introduced me to the ulcer. It's delicious and excruciating at the same time, this playoff ulcer.

5. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I can see it a little. I think the similar floppy hairstyles helps make the comparison, but you can rest assured that you are definitely better looking than him.

6. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Need to go ahead and order my pizza for the OKC game in a few.

7. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

Anybody bad-mouthing the NBA probably needs to take a closer look at the playoffs. OKC and Denver are both legitimate Western Conference champs, and they're playing each other in the FIRST ROUND. The matchups are all great, playoff basketball in the NBA is amazing, you've got Knicks-Celtics just for laughs ... what's not to like?

8. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

The only thing I don't like is that it takes four months to play them.

9. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

My man Jesus Shuttlesworth got it done tonight.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The fact that the really, really good teams can sleepwalk for 40 minutes, then turn it on and win. And even the Lakers will likely have little problem winning the series in the end.

But it has been an awesome first two days.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

yea - Carmelo took over the last 2 minutes of the game, much to the joy of the Celtics.

12. mb

mb Active Member

No kidding. Carmelo *really* didn't cover himself in glory those final few minutes.

Draft saved Draft deleted