1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA Playoffs Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

This has been an exciting first few days of the playoffs so far. All quality games so far.

2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Not Lakers/Hornets. Home team still waiting for playoffs to begin.

Idiots waiting for Lakers to flip some kind of "switch" are thinking of a team from a decade ago.

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Watching Fisher try to guard a good point guard is about as uncomfortable as watching the square-jawed Kardashian sister try to make "sexy" poses. I just want to avert my eyes. It's too awkward and sad.

4. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

That's always been their issue under Jackson. Don't get why it wasn't schemed for today.

The longer a series goes, the better the chances of a Bynum injury or Kobe and Fisher's legs giving out.

5. mb

mb Active Member

Damn, kinda wished I'd have paid attention to that LA-NO game now. Guess Game 2 just became must-see TV.

6. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

That's a nice little piece of prophecy there, Den1983. Ginobili being out had something to do with it, of course, but Memphis looked like believers.

Nos. 1 and 2 in the West lose, but a bad break for New Orleans when Aaron Gray rolled his ankle. He had a great game, and they need all the big guys they can get against the Lakers.

MSG trying to bill Knicks-Celtics as some big bad-blood hatefest, but I ain't buying it, especially with Perkins gone to OKC.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Last couple of years that's been their SOP. But even beyond age, these aren't the same Lakers. But, OK, didn't see today's game, just followed the scores.

8. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

A friend of mine emailed me a few weeks ago to ask if I'd ever noticed I looked like Aaron Gray. I was dumbfounded. Insult, compliment, accurate? I didn't know.

Piotr, it isn't the same team from a decade ago, but at the same time, last year you were also feeling pretty gloomy about the Lakers during the OKC series, talking about fresh legs overrunning old men. I don't believe in a switch. But I believe the Lakers are superior and will still win in 5 or 6.

One interesting/meaningless stat on Phil with the Lakers. Everyone knows the one about him being unbeaten in his career when winning the first game. But according to the numbers off the top of my head - compared to the voices inside in my head; which sound like Lawrence Tanter - seven times the Lakers have been tied at 1-1 under Phil when the first two games are in LA. They've won six of those series, the only loss being the 2004 Finals. And that Piston series was the only one where they didn't win Game 3. So Game 3 will be big. Well, Game 2, as well.

9. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

How are your ankles? Hornets might be looking for someody who matches your description.

10. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Being compared to Lurch is never a good thing. As someone who watched him a bunch at Pitt, I was blown away by the fact that Aaron Gray made a big impact in an NBA Playoff game.

11. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

He is pretty much a stiff, but New Orleans sure could use him, at least against this team.

Typical Chris Paul: his face lights up when Lisa Saulters asked him about the bench. He credits all the guys and calls Aaron Gray the MVP, and hopes he's OK.

This from a guy who scored 17 of his 33 points in the fourth quarter, also had 13 assists and seven rebounds. And Hornets tied an NBA playoff record with three turnovers in the whole frigging game.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

"It's really not that hard," "I don't know why. I've been tripping. I give him too much credit. I just have to make him react to me, not me react to him because it's too late. If he gets one step on you, he's too strong and too quick. You just have to make him play your game." / Glenn Davis on covering Amare Stoudemire

Draft saved Draft deleted