1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA Playoffs Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chuck~Taylor, Apr 19, 2007.

1. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

Against a rested Shaq and a rested Wade?

Wonder how Scotty is handling the fact he had the 2 seed locked up and now his path to the finals will be Miami and Detroit, the two best teams in the East.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

That is a compromised Wade.

3. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

define 'compromised'

Damn, I wish we could post video here ...

4. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Yeah, this might be too early to tell, but I think this is going to be 'Bron's easiest path to the Finals. I'm not confident in the Cavs front office. They haven't brought enough tools to help LeBron so if he's gonna pull this off, he better do it this year.

5. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

The worst thing that could happen to the Raptors is that Carter will actually be motivated to play them. Anyone else in the East, he pulls a no-show.

6. Chuck~Taylor

He'll show up against the Raptors, and then he'll miss the rest of the playoffs because of a sprained penis.

7. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Bulls-Heat is going to be a very good season. No team in the East might give MIA more trouble than CHI can, especially if they're hitting their shots and Ben Wallace is at his ferocious best.

CHI - with a rusty Wade and Payton, etc. hurting, has a solid chance at the series. If they're hitting their j's, it could happen.

- But I have to pick the Heat. I'll say 6.

- DET, although I wouldn't be stunned if ORL got even two, with Hill and Howard having monster games. Likely 4 or 5.

- Clev rolls the Wiz

- Jersey in 6. Experience.

----

- SAS in 5 or 6. You figure AI is going to blow up for a couple of games, dragging young 'Melo with him

- DAL in 5. I love what GSW is doing with their team, and Nellie knows DAL, but DAL is just too deep and too good

- HOU over UTAH in 7. This is a toss-up, depending on who plays the best. I could see this either way, but Yao is rested, T-Mac is playing extremely well. Neither team winning would surprise me.

- PHX over LAL in 5. Worst matchup for LAL, because Kobe and crew can't outscore them. I figure Kobe gets his and his teammates step up for 1 win, but a sweep wouldn't shock me. PHX is too talented and too deep, and their style plays right into LAL's weak D.

8. Chuck~Taylor

It's gonna' be interesting to see how the Chi-Mia games are gonna play out if some of the games come down to the wire. DWade is a great clutch player and all, but don't sleep on this Ben Gordon guy. Dude.Can.Ball.[Jim Rome]

9. NUPE 1911

NUPE 1911 New Member

BWAhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

10. RokSki

RokSki New Member

You know I like MIA, Chuck, but CHI could absolutely take them out. This is the worst first-round matchup for the Heat, and if the Bulls are hitting perimeter shots and Wade's not ready to get mugged on screens, etc, MIA could be going bye-bye. They are going to need Shaq and 'Zo to do major damage, IMO, to take control of the series.

11. Chuck~Taylor

We all know DWade(people talk about the injury, but i'm callin' bull on that. he's gonna come to play, believe me) and Shaq are gonna show up. The outside shooters are gonna' win this one for the Heat.

12. RokSki

RokSki New Member

If they're healthy enough, they win, without a doubt. They have more contributors this year than last year (Kapono, E. Jones,...)

Draft saved Draft deleted