1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA Playoffs Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chuck~Taylor, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

LMFAO

Ernie Johnson: "You know this was the first Cavs game to ever be played in June"

Reggie Miller: "I know, that's why the clock didn't work"

2. If Flip can't win a championship with a very good Pistons team, when will he ever.

He had a good Timberwolves team in 2004 and a great Pistons team for the last two years, but he hasn't gotten to the Finals.

Flip's problem is that he is not a great defensive coach and it showed here in this series and last year too.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well, Larry Brown and Rick Carlisle are both available. :D :D

4. rokski2

rokski2 New Member

LeBron >> Kobe.

Pistons = Studio Gangsters. I can't believe they got beat 4 straight, and went out so soft in the 4th quarter. What was that? Pistons = Atlanta Braves.

LeBron is the man. I can't believe he's going to the Finals. Spurs in 6 or less, but who knows what the King has in store.

Kobe better stay very low-profile right now. First Wade, now LeBron. A new era, baby. I still can't believe the Cavs won.

Chris Broussard has already said that LeBron is better than Kobe. Yep. Got Shaq? Kobe = Mr. First Round. LeBron = The Man who can take scrubs to the Finals. Wow.

5. Chuck~Taylor

Calm down buddy. Bron over Kobe? Ahhhhhhh....no(not now at least).

Good for LeBron. How about aaaaaaaaaall those NASH/NOWITZKI ARE THE GODS OF THE NBA people who picked Nowitzki over 'Bron for 1st team NBA. Let's give them a round of applause.

6. rokski2

rokski2 New Member

studio g's. :) This is the same way you felt when the Spurs beat the Suns. I'm not happy so much because the Pistons lost, but because Kobe is HIZ-OUSED now. There is nowhere to go now. "Oh, he's in the east..." LeBron just willed that team to the Finals. Kobe? "Wahahhhhh! I'm so upset...no I'm not...yes I am." What a chump. LeBron getting 'er done! Woo-hoo! :)

7. Chuck~Taylor

Washington Wizards(minus Arenas, Butler) or Phoenix Suns?

Anyways(I don't wanna turn this into another Kobe thing), Bron is great. And thanks to aaaaaaaaaaaall those Nowitzki Kool Aid drinkers, he didn't make 1st team all NBA. D

8. rokski2

rokski2 New Member

You know I'm just messing. I am surprised that the Cavs won, and how they won, but Detroit isn't the same on defense that they were under Brown. Sure, C-Webb can score a few more points than Big Ben, but his "D" is way too soft. I think there's some tension, too, between Rasheed and Chauncey. I've heard some grumblings about some locker room dissension. Flip's a great guy, but he just isn't a big-time coach, or he hasn't shown it yet. There's no reason, though, that the Pistons can't be back next year if they make a few tweaks.

9. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Exactly. They don't have to go that far. I could care less about the NBA, but even I recognize the tools are there to continue the run. A tweak here and a tweak there is all that's needed, not a whole-scale gutting of the franchise.

10. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Here is a excellent article from Dan Wetzel about what might be Lebron's best skill.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AoBhNvSbhNUodVCEU8CR6ZQ5nYcB?slug=dw-cavaliers060207&prov=yhoo&type=lgns ;D

11. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Spurs in 6

12. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

Spurs 4-1. Should be a sweep but I don't think that really happens anymore.

Draft saved Draft deleted