1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA Playoffs Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chuck~Taylor, Apr 19, 2007.

1. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Wow, LeBron. Not a good final minute or two so far.

2. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

How was that not a offensive foul on Sheed???

3. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

I'm sure there's a team that plays the final minute of games worse than Cleveland. I'm just not sure who the hell it could possibly be.

4. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

How many chances do you need, Cavs? Damn.

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

The debate was how many teams had two players who were in the top 20 in the league at the time. I had O'Neal and Bryant with the Lakers, Johnson and Abdul-Jabbar/Worthy was also brought up. Someone said McHale/Parish with Bird. I said there's no way either of them (McHale/Parish) were top 20 players in their era.

I think you would need to double that total of shots and potential rebounds for the other teams shots, and opponents rebounds. I see your reasoning, but as a power forward who is being put up as one of the top 20 of his era and top 50 of all time, 7.3 rpg is pretty low for a career.

6. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

LeBron's answer to the folks who killed him for passing on the last shot: Jack up that bullshit. And nice miss by ... was that Hughes that clanked the open jumper from 8 feet?

7. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

[blue]LeBron should have passed the damn ball!

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Oh, you know that's coming tonight and tomorrow.

9. rokski2

rokski2 New Member

God that was frustrating.

Man, the Cavs could be up 2-0. So much for the thought that the Cavs 'blew their only chance' in game 1. But they need to get a win.

10. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I like Mike Brown, but if the Cavs get knocked out, he's a goner. The Cavs' problem is that they don't have scorers period and they are unreliable down the stretch. It's easy to blame coaching, but when a team can't make the most of their opportunities, they are screwed.

11. rokski2

rokski2 New Member

I'm hearing two opening memes on the radio right now: LeBron couldn't get a call and LeBron can't hit a big shot (from Kobe guys who don't like the attention LeBron's getting). With the piling on LeBron's getting, I'm sure the second theme will dominate.

The Cavs are unreliable down the stretch. Guess they still need some seasoning.

12. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

The Cavs really should be up 2-0 or at least 1-1 going home. Unbelievable. I refuse to call James "King." Sheesh. Make a clutch play.

Draft saved Draft deleted