1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA Playoffs 2012 Running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gehrig, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's within established discipline parameters, for better or worse.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I think it is for worse. This is the second time that he has initiated contact with an official, and all he gets is a game?

3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Well, the sign said, "break glass in case of emergency," and the Knicks are down 2-0, so...

4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Not following that closely, but I think the Knicks season ended that Friday night that they lost to Cleveland. An inexcusable loss that meant that Orlando would have to lose to Charlotte for the Knicks to pass them.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The Mavs-OKC game was a good indicator of the contrast between regular season and playoff basketball. Mavs came oh so close to taking both games. Their offensive execution is very enjoyable to watch. Slip screens with ball delivery on the money that leads to a Mahinmi dunk? Who else can do that? Imagine if the Heat had the discipline to run those types of plays with their talent?

Dirk missed a couple of good shots at the end. Terry made an absolutely brutal foul when the Mavs were up 1 and there was only 2.6 sec. left on the shot clock with OKC having to inbound from the corner. Oh well, at least they got their ring last year. Now if they replace D-Will for Kidd, I don't think they even need Dwight Howard, Mahinmi is okay. What they cannot have though is Vince Carter in crunch time, they need a long athletic player who knows how to play D.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Can't argue that. The Knicks could have beaten anybody but the Heat in the first round. They needed to either be the 6 or the 8 seed. The 7 was the absolute worst matchup for them.

Watch, though: With Stoudemire out, Game 3 will come down to the final ticks. Knicks might even steal it.

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. bigpern23

That's great. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Not to mention the college kid who took 555-1 in game for $75, with eight minutes left.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  10. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

My 9-year-old son, the only Sixers fan in Chicago, hopes so.

11. bigpern23

That's pretty great that he won that, but I'm guessing he doesn't hang onto that money for very long if those are the kinds of bets he likes to make.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Explain the 555 bet.

Draft saved Draft deleted