1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA Playoffs 2012 Running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gehrig, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Also, I just saw, official statement from the Bulls organization.

2. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Again the NBA is fixing the playoffs. Just look at what happened to D. Rose, that was directly from incompetent medical personnel with the Bulls staff. If they would have rehabbed D. Rose correctly this would have never happened. Also the Knicks choking was a direct call from David Stern. Add in all the b.s calls in that game it was clear it was set up to make it easier on the c(heat)ers. The NBA wants to insure they win a cheap championship.

3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

DocTalk is obviously far more knowledgeable, but my physical therapists told me when I was rehabbing small tears that sometimes injuries come when you lean on another part of your body to make up for pain elsewhere. Don't know much Rose was doing that, but all the padding and toe issues told you how much he wamd trying to overcome. Also, I wonder if Rose puts so much torque on his tendons and joints that they couldn't take it anymore. Look at the speed and sharp cutting just on that play where he was injured.

Also, the reason I rehabbed small tears is because the pain I was feeling meant they would eventually become big tears. Given that nobody hit Rose, it's probable if he happened to be sitting, he just would have gotten hurt in game two. No need to blame the coach.

In other news, Rondo is likely to sit game two after bumping a ref.

4. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Clippers just pulled off probably the most remarkable comeback in playoff history. Down 24 with about 8 minutes to go. 26-1 run to take the lead, win when Gay misses at the buzzer. 27 down at one point. Completely dominated from the tipoff, not even life through 3 quarters. Ridiculous. I still think Memphis takes it, but what the hell just happened?

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

What a choke job by the Grizzlies!!

6. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Reggie Evans happened.

But, seriously, I have no idea. That was nuts.

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Apparently, Floyd Mayweather had something like $2 million on the Clippers plus-6. Bet that was a fun game to watch in those circumstances.

8. mb

mb Active Member

And in the continuing battle between athlete and hard surface, score another blow for hard surface.

9. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Amare Stoudemire is in a glass case of emotion.

10. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Not like it matters for the Knicks, but what a hole in the ass.

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Given Amare's recent discovery of his Jewish roots, maybe he was celebrating a nearby wedding?

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Rondo gets 1 game.

That seems very generous.

Draft saved Draft deleted