1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA Playoff Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by cwilson3, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Mea culpa.

I guess I shouldn't be in the business of prognostication. I actuall fired up the iPod and the PlayStation when it was 13 points in the third. Came back 10 minutes later to find a game. The Lakers proved a lot in this series, proved a lot tonight.

Artest could be MVP, in a James Worthy in 1988 kind of way.

Shock and ecstacy. Never thought I'd be this thrilled over a Lakers title.

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Artest thanks his shrink. Classic.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

bullshit, which call would you say the Celts didn't deserve? The Celtics deserved everyone one of those fouls

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I love the whining, claims of selective officiating. Because it's totally in the league's interest to promote an accused rapist and a Spaniard.

The Celtics should have put this game away, and Ray Allen couldn't hit the side of a fricken barn. If you're looking to blame someone, blame him, and re-open his Hall of Fame evaluation.

5. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Bullshit?

One team -- the home team by the way - shoots 37 free throws, the other team shoots 17 -- sorry, the NBA refs are a fraud and always have been.

What a joke.

The Celtics "cold" spell came when the Lakers were allowed to turn the game into clutch and grab and get away with it and the Lakers comeback was sparked by, oh yeah, free throws.

What a fraud.

6. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

I don't think the officiating was that terrible. Kings-Lakers 2002 this was certainly not.

Ray Allen channeled John Starks and the Celtics couldn't rebound without Perkins. That was the difference.

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Knicks fan,

Why did Rondo and Pierce stop driving the lane? Why did the settle for a bunch of lame jumpers all second half? The Celtics played passive when it mattered, and didn't do a thing to draw fouls.

8. JC,

I have plenty of examples....

1) Garnett beats Gasol to the basket, clearly gets hacked on the arm, no call

2) Gasol goes up, comes down without taking a shot, makes a shot, no call on what should've been an easy travel

3) pierce goes to the basket, gets hacked by Odom and Gasol, no call

I can go on...the Lakers were flat out bailed out by the officiating until they got their legs and started to make shots...they changed the game, the stripes did....awful

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I eagerly await Bill Simmons' "The Celtics losing to the Lakers is like Apollo getting killed by Drago' column.

10. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

37 fucking free throws.
    17 free throws.

One team's bad possessions were bailed out by the referees, the other team's were not.

11. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

I'll give this one to you, but it was much closer than you thought. Admit that. And admit that Rasheed played a hell of a lot better than any of you Lakers fans gave credit.

Free throws: 37-17. And in the fourth quarter, it was even worse. But I'm not making excuses. Artest hit a huge shot. That Gasol bucket inside (travel) was a big one, too. I just hope nobody gives Kobe credit (although he'll be MVP, and deservedly so) because he was awful when he was guarded.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

And promotes his CD. Ugh.

Draft saved Draft deleted