1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA Playoff Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by cwilson3, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I expect this will merit being renamed the "Two months of slobbering over the wonderfulness that is the Cleveland Cavaliers" thread.

This postseason already feels like one long coronation.

2. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

Nah, I'm gonna try and contain myself. In Cleveland during the playoffs, we don't believe anyone can win until they do. And in my lifetime, they haven't. I'll enjoy the West a lot, though. That will be fun to watch all the way through.

3. funky_mountain

funky_mountain Active Member

here's quentin richardson's quote on pierce and garnett: "two actresses over there, that's what they are. ... how did he fall? was he taking another break like he does so many times? sometimes he falls like he's going to be out for the season, then he gets right up. that's all i said."

also not sure of the cleveland coronation. not convinced the cavs will beat orlando just yet.

4. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

Well, he's got a point. Like when Pierce fell down like he just had his knee shot off by a sniper, got carried off the court like a damsel in distress and then ran back out just a few minutes later.

I actually like Pierce, but if you watch the play, it looks like he barely was pushed by Richardson. Not enough to make him flail around like that. Here's a hilarious parody of the incident.

5. Piotr Rasputin

Some of you guys had trouble with that whole "contain myself" thing during the regular season . . .

The West will be fun to watch. Kobe Bryant already got his post-Shaq, "F%$# you" title. Other Lakers geeks are already wailing about the fact they're not gonna win the title, but they just won the damn thing. No need for greed. So it will be interesting to see which team comes out of the West to serve as the sacrifice at LeBron's (or Howard's, perhaps) coronation.

As for Pierce and Garnett . . . Two guys, in the twilight of their careers, who carry on as if they have won in Boston at a clip similar to Russell and Cousy.

6. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

That we can agree on. I don't mind Pierce as much. The guy has swag, and he was the biggest reason they won their title because unlike KG, he wanted the ball late in the game. Garnett has been overrated since the second he landed in Boston. Even the DPOY award he won should have gone to Marcus Camby. Just a guy that runs his mouth, beats his chest, averages 14 and 8 and acts like he's some kind of god.

7. mb

mb Active Member

God bless Quentin Richardson. And, yes, Kevin Garnett is a bitch of the highest order.

8. Piotr Rasputin

Andrew Bynum playing well, which means an injury is right around the corner.

9. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

Every time it looks like the momentum is shifting, the Lakers hit a 3.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

We're Lakers fans. We expect to win every year. Including this one.

11. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

Howard has eight blocks and there are still two minutes left in the second quarter.

12. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Okur's done for the season with a torn Achilles. Jazz season to follow.

He apparently took a numbing injection before the game so he could play, then tore it in the first half.

The Lakers-Thunder series feels like a classic five-gamer: Lakers win first two at home, OKC takes the third, Lakers reassert authority in Game 4 and close it in 5.

Lakers have struggled, but during last year's playoffs, up until Game 5 of the Denver series, people thought they were underachieving as well. Cleveland won first eight games of the playoffs last year, all by double-figures. Lakers still have a great shot at the title.

Draft saved Draft deleted