1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA Playoff dullness...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bruisin Bastards, May 20, 2011.

1. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Baseball players need more tattoos.

Then, we'd have something to read to make the game pass more quickly.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

And that hippity-hop music they listen to.

3. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I find NASCAR drivers wearing 1,000 logos on their uniforms much more disgusting than tattoos on NBA players. I think it says a whole lot more when you're willing to be a whore to your sponsors than it is to mark your skin with things that are meaningful to you.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Player has a two handed thundering dunk, hangs on the rim just an extra second , inches his legs up then thrusts them down as he lets go of the rim. Ambles up the court, screaming his war cry and pounding his chest. His team is now down 14 points with 5:24 left in the 3rd quarter of a game in February.

Maybe I'm just too sensitive, but the NBA game is way too self centered.It's all about 'look at me'. The incessant technical fouls for immaturity.

The NFL is like this with the stupid celebrating after a routine tackle for no gain on 1st and 10 in the 2nd quarter of an early November game. Or a receiver gets 6 yards on a 2 and 5, and bounces up with the first down signal, his team down by 17 points in the 4th quarter.

The playoffs aren't dull, it's silly to think so. But the teams don't instill any interest in anyone but the die hard fans from October through March. When the playoffs come around, if my team isn't in it, I just don't care, because they haven't done anything to pique my interest. It's entertainment, and I don't find it entertaining anymore. The NBA seems to think they are doing me a favor by allowing me to watch them perform, my perception anyway. So, unless I'm invested in a particular team, if they don't give a shit about me, I'm not interested enough to muster the time to give a shit about them.

5. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

What is there to see? Anybody who says the NBA is dull and lacks defense simply isn't watching the game. Period. I'm not touting it the greatest league in the world, but at least come through with valid criticisms and not just blabber.

6. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Jesus, really?

There are probably more people that have body art now than people who don't.

Draft saved Draft deleted