1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA Playoff dullness...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bruisin Bastards, May 20, 2011.

1. Bruisin Bastards

Bruisin Bastards New Member

So why does the NBA have to rest the Bulls/Heat series till Sunday?!? Mavs/Thunder are scheduled to play tomorrow before them. Why David Stern, why?!? Why must you drag out the playoffs!! It's the playoffs!! Back to back games wouldn't even be a bad idea when it's the beginning of the home stand!! I want to see the team who can muster up the energy to play a back to back game to really see who has the championship drive. Make them face some real challenges since it is THE PLAYOFFS! Having the series drag on with multiple off days takes away from the excitement and the spirit of playoff action.

2. Bruisin Bastards

This is why college hoops beats NBA in a no contest decision on which is better...by a landslide.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Friday is the worst night for TV ratings. End of story.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

YES!

[​IMG]

5. Bruisin Bastards

Okay Friday aside, since that's all you got from my argument, why don't we see back to back games at the beginning of homestands? I wasn't just pissed about today having no basketball, I'm pissed that the NBA playoffs drag on with off days that aren't needed when you have two home games in a row. Doesn't anyone else think it's ridiculous how long the playoffs go on for?

6. LongTimeListener

Yes. That's a big reason I don't bother to watch other than when I'm channel surfing and a game happens to be on. Well, that and the fact that the league is a rigged sham that is two steps above professional wrestling.

7. Bruisin Bastards

Was told by friend that there's no game tonight because Oprah has the stadium. If that's true the NBA loses bad. Queen Oprah trumping playoffs.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Just wait until next season when you'll be waiting 365 days in between games.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

A seven-game series should take no longer than 11 days to complete. Game 1, G2, travel day, G3, G4, travel day, G5, travel day, G6, travel day, G7.

If it's a 2-3-2 format it shouldn't be any longer than nine days.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

The biggest reason is our TV pals: ABC doesn't want The Finals to begin until after May sweeps. They still seem longer than usual this year. Maybe cut the first round or two to best-of-five?

11. LongTimeListener

How many times in the past 50 years have you seen a sports league remove some of its postseason? The whole reason the NBA went best-of-seven in the first round a few years back was to squeeze a third weekend out of it.

12. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Hey, it takes a while to crown a charmion.

Draft saved Draft deleted