1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA owner fined and suspended

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

Except he won't win, and he'll spend far more on lawyers than the $2.5-million fine he is trying to have vacated.

2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I'm sure his lawyers will be challenging the validity of the indemnification agreement as well.

But regardless, you're right that there's virtually no chance he comes out ahead financially from this lawsuit. But this isn't about about money. It's about an unhinged 81 year old billionaire who doesn't want to be remembered as having gone out whimpering and defeated without putting up a fight. He'll gladly take his financial losses in exchange for delivering some payback grief to the NBA.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Shelly Sterling had just stepped down from the witness stand after the judge called for the end of Wednesday’s testimony and approached her husband of 58 years, apparently to give him a hug.

“Get away from me, you pig,” Donald Sterling blurted out in the sweltering courtroom, in which every one of the 102 seats was occupied.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/donald-sterling-says-he-wont-sell-team-calls-wife-shelly-sterling-a-pig-070914

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Finally..... a subject on which LTL is a recognized expert.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Sale on:

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/over-arguing-sterling-trial-072119802--nba.html

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Thank Jesus, I was so upset for Doc Rivers

Draft saved Draft deleted