1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA off-season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Jun 23, 2013.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Is it next year's pick?

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

3. heyabbott

If Sterling has a clue, and there's no evidecne that he wants one, the Clippers have a window to temporarily outshine the Lakers. They just have to avoid the stupid acquisitions, like getting Garnett or Bynum.

If Howard is at all capable of being motivated to play hard for a season or two, the Clips could really make the Buss kids look stupid.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I liked the rumor about Howard being dealt to the Clips for Griffin and someone else. It will never happen, but I liked it. It would be interesting to see Paul and Howard together.

The Buss children fucked up by not hiring Phil and they've fucked up again by not going to him this off-season and begging his forgiveness for fucking up in November. I think the Lakers are banking on LeBron opting out and coming there after next season. I don't know if that's likely to happen, but the Lakers often get lucky like that.

5. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

If the Clippers can acquire Garnett and Howard for Griffin, Jordan and Bledsoe, do it.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If the Lakers get the sense that Howard is willing to walk, it will be interesting to see if they try to work something out. I don't think Howard wants to play with Kobe again. I think he would be very happy to go to Houston or the Clippers. But, since the Lakers can pay him more money, it will be interesting to see if that's enough to keep him there.

7. heyabbott

Nerlen Noels is pissed.

8. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

Toronto born Anthony Bennett is the first pick overall by the Cleveland Cavaliers.

9. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

David Stern looks like he's having the time of his life.

10. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

Noel will probably get picked here by the Suns.

11. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Nope.

12. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

Well, I was wrong. Alex Len gets drafted by Phoenix.

Draft saved Draft deleted