1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA/NHL conference glances

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by nietsroob17, Mar 17, 2011.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Active Member

I'm trying to determine for our agate page whether or not to start running the conference standings for the NBA and NHL, as opposed to the regular divisional glances. Both of our area teams are still alive, so I care more than I typically do. Just wanted to know others' opinions.

2. derwood

derwood Active Member

Absolutely.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

We've started doing it. Also been adding a line between the eighth and ninth place teams in each conference to show the line of demarcation for the playoffs.

4. SteveRep44

SteveRep44 Member

We did it too, with the line between 8 & 9. One thing the AP will add in the weeks to come -- 'z - won conference.'

Wrong. The conference title is won in the playoffs.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I use traditional standings at the start of the NHL and NBA seasons, then switch over to conference glances after the All-Star games.

What I wish AP would start doing again is running the wild card standings in baseball sooner than late September, say, when the rosters expand?

Draft saved Draft deleted