1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA Hall of Fame trainwreck ... Peter Vecsey

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I am shocked that PV hasn't had his pants sued off of him with all the haymakers he has reportedly thrown.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm guessing the people he covers have more important things to worry about and they know nobody takes the guy that seriously.

It's a disgrace he's in the Hall.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Would gladly check out the Basketball Hall of Fame for John Stockton and C. Vivian Stringer.

Michael Jordan? Pass. Peter Vecsey? Not only pass, but his brother is also a much better writer and an infinitely better person.

4. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Whatever you say, Pete.

5. wilt100

wilt100 New Member

The majority of the people knocking Vecsey on this board couldn't get into all of the places he has worked on a guided tour, much less the Hall of Fame.

The jealousy is absolutely pathetic. Get a life.

6. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

I still don't know who he is.

7. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Pete, you're assuming all of us give a shit about where you've been. I couldn't fucking care any less.

8. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Because you undoubtedly have intimate knowledge of the CVs of all the posters here.

9. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

I've NEVER been a big fan of Vecsey. Sure, he's gotten a nice share of scoops, but he's thrown out atleast thrice as much crap that has been so off base.

He's far from a "top notch" NBA journalist, and shouldn't even be mentioned in McCallum's or Ryan's league.

10. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

Yahoo.com has a column blasting MJ's speech as well. Made some valid points. Jordan actually told his kids, "I'd hate to be you." My gosh. MJ had a bad night as well. Said many NBA players in crowd were amazed at MJ's lack of class.

11. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

I'm surprised I couldn't find a thread on the entire show. I thought MJ's speech was bad, but I expected it to be.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

MJ's showing his true colors. Yet another example of people thinking the guy in the commercials is like that in real life.

Call it Tiger Woods, Brett Favre, Michael Jordan syndrome. Perfect on TV, insufferable douches in real life.

Draft saved Draft deleted