1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA Finals Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chuck~Taylor, Jun 2, 2007.

?

Who you got?

1. Spurs

30 vote(s)
    76.9%
  2. Cavs

9 vote(s)
    23.1%
  1. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I dug this out of my personal archives and put it up on youtube. Enjoy.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

You mean like how some said just hand the Eastern Conference to the Pistons when they led 2-0?

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Yep, the Spurs are going to whip the Cavs just like the Mavs were going to whip the Heat last year and the Tigers were going to whip the Cardinals in the World Series last year and the Cardinals were going to whip the Red Sox in the 2004 World Series and the Rams were going to whip the Patriots in that Super Bowl, etc., etc.

Just don't conveniently forget that the Cavs beat the Spurs in both their meetings this season. The teams have split eight games since LeBron joined the league. And don't forget that GM Danny Ferry and coach Mike Brown came to the Cavs from San Antonio. They might have a bit of insight on how to beat their old team. Just ask Dallas how that worked out when Don Nelson brought his Warriors back to town.

4. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I have the Spurs in 6...

Game 1: Cavs (they come off a big high and carry through)
    Game 2: Spurs (they can't lose two in San Antonio)
    Game 3: Spurs (Take one at Cleveland, I am thinking Big Game Rob wins it)
    Game 4: Cavs (they pull through with Lebron dropping 37)
    Game 5: Spurs (Duncan dominates, 25 and 12)
    Game 6: Spurs (Duncan and Ginobli knock Cavs out)

5. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I'm pulling hard for LeBron and the Cavs. I can't stand the Spurs and that whiny bitch Duncan.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that the first time I've seen Duncan referred to as "that whiny bitch."

7. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Exactly.

The Surs have the biggest cheat in the NBA, Bruce Bowen, on the court and biggest whiner, Balky Bartocomos. It was criminal what occurred in the Suns series. I am really pulling for a Cleveland upset. (I will not be watching out of my continued protest of NBA post-season.)

8. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

3?

Last time I checked I think u needed 4 games to win out of 7.

9. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Could be but I don't think so.

10. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

I must agree, but there something else to this I think the CAVS will get 2 of the 3 they play at home and lose the series in 6.

11. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

It would send the sportin world into a frenzy.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

RAMBO, are you going to respond individually to each and every post on this thread? And we've long ago cleared up the Spurs in 3 post. Try catching up.

And just because I like being the oddball, I'll take Cleveland in 6.

Draft saved Draft deleted