1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA Finals 1, Delivery Room 0

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shotglass, Jun 6, 2007.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I have never once asked about my birth. Don't know if my dad was there or not. Doesn't matter to me.

But if he had 11 other people counting on him, plus bosses and all the rest? I'd understand the four hours he had to be gone that day. It's not like LeBron won't hold the kid that day...he's not going to be stranded.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Maybe he couldn't keep it private, maybe reporters already knew he would have a dilemma because the Cavs made this surprise run to the finals, so now he's got to address it. If he says he doesn't know, then people will continue to ask and ask and ask until he says one way or another on the issue. So answer it now and you don't have to hear that question again, you can focus on all things finals in public and all things baby in private.

Just a guess on my part.

3. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Telling it to ESPN is not broadcasting it to the world?

Tiger seems to be handling the question okay. He gave a non-commital answer, and I don't think the media's dogging him about it. How about an answer of, "I'll cross that bridge if I come to it." Or "game day decision." You can't let the media dictate what's best for your family.

That said, I think you guys have made some good points. I think I'm starting to be less pissed at LeBron.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I agree with you. I have softened a bit on his not being there.

But it is still wrong that he is not marrying this woman. That is sending a terrible message to all the kids that look up to him.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It's not always about YOU. Ask Mom what she really thought.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

*sigh*

7. He won't get to the Finals every year, but they can have plenty more kids. Very few people are irreplaceable at their jobs, but he happens to be one of them.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

No one ever says that about Tom Brady or Matt Leinart, I wonder why. ::)

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

In a fair and equal world, you're right. In the real world, there's a huge difference.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

In the real world, we don't know how any of them do as fathers. As such, there's no way judge.

11. Gold

Gold Active Member

This is the biggest moment of the professional lives of every member of the Cleveland Cavaliers. It would be great for LeBron to be there, but what he does over the first 18 years of his child's life is more important than what he does with the delivery. It is not as if he abandoned his children.

I'm not a big fan or hater of LeBron, but I think he has generally conducted himself well in his first couple of years in the league and maybe he deserves some slack.

As far as the marriage issue, how does everybody know that the woman wants to get married?

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

How do people know that they're not waiting for something?

Or maybe neither one of them is all that interested in marriage?

Or maybe they both just think that they're too young?

The mind boggles...

Draft saved Draft deleted