1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA Finals 1, Delivery Room 0

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shotglass, Jun 6, 2007.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Being married(Living Together in a Loving and Committed Relationship and Jointly Raising your Children) and having children is generally better than not being married and having children.

It's not the piece of paper, it the living together in a committed relationship that makes the difference. It's almost impossible to be a real parent and NOT live with your child on a daily basis and that the child knows this is true and will remain true unconditionally. But what would LeBron know of this?

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Not really.

It's just more PC in 2007 to say you're down with one-parent kids.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

First off, yab, I don't know if he lives with his girlfriend or not, but I sure thought he did.

Second, this:

is one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

People who travel on business are bad parents? All people who are divorced are bad parents? Soldiers in Iraq are bad parents?

Please to be going and fucking yourself now...

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I hate to burst your bubble, shot, but every child has two parents.

You got any other pearls of wisdom?

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Hey dipshit, I'm fairly certain that LeBron and his partner live together and are in a committed relationship that involves raising their children TOGETHER.

Not being married doesn't mean you're not committed.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

No.

You get personally offended, and it's not worth debating with you anymore. You lose clarity.

(P.S. If it's a tag team match, this is about the time you and SC slap hands and she starts beating me down.)

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

To be fair, you're not debating, just throwing off nonsensical comments about "PC" that really don't go anywhere.

But thanks for playing, anyway.

8. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

In defense of Kemp, it's not possible to be 13 different places at once.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

And what, Abbott, do you know of LeBron as a father?

Oh, right, he's black, he's an athlete, he sucks as a father...that would be your racist take.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Don't go anywhere? They weren't supposed to. They stand up on their own.

Just because you don't like the idea that you might be acting "politically correct," it doesn't necessarily mean that you aren't.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

For the record Shottie, I think kids should have two involved parents. That said, I don't care if the parents are married, unmarried or of the same sex.

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

But didn't you hear, sc? Every kid has two parents. Nobody said anything about "involved."

Draft saved Draft deleted