1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA Finals 1, Delivery Room 0

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shotglass, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Chad Conant

Chad Conant Member

You guys are bringing up Mickelson some in here, but missing a point. Phil was going to give up the US Open to be there for Amanda's birth because she was their first child. From what I understand of the situation, he wasn't walking off the course for the rest of their ever-expanding brood. (Seriously, I think Amy transfers the pregnancy weight to Phil.)

Tiger is the same way. This will be his first child and he's now saying he might just have to play really fast.

LeBron was there for both kids' birth. This is a postmortem on a decision he never had to ultimately make because she went into labor when he was right there. The guy's not Shawn Kemp. I don't know why he's not married, but if they choose to live that way, who the hell are we to judge?

Personally, I wasn't allowed in the room for my wife's C-Section and not being there for the birth hasn't hurt the budding relationship I have with my 18-month-old son. I was in the hallway the entire time, but my son still tolerates me.

2. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I still stand my conviction that LeBron's wife should have given birth at mid-court. At least then she could deliver the Cavs a win.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Well, well, well, Tiger skips his baby's baptism:
    http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071011/SPORTS18/710110423

Let the santimonious posts resume!

4. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

5. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

What a freaking idiot. Was it that hard to work around his sked?

I just lost a ton of respect for Tiger.

6. markvid

markvid Guest

I'm amazed.

7. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

Well, I read somewhere -- I think it was The Big Lead -- that the baby is Matt Leinart's anyway.

8. markvid

markvid Guest

Glad to see that site is taking a justified bitch-slapping.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Tiger's a buddhist. They don't recognize baptisms. Since you guys know completely nothing about how Tiger and his wife make decisions like this, it'd probably be best to let it go.

10. markvid

markvid Guest

But, Poin, how many people who are in mixed marriages show up anyway to their child's events out of love and respect for the kid? (And not to mention doing things as a family, not just if it's convenient to you.)
    I'm Catholic, I married someone who is an offshoot of Methodist, I was married in her church, my kids were dedicated in that church, too (you choose if you want baptized or not). Even though I'm not their religion, I went anyway because it means a lot to my wife and it was a big event for the kids.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Yet he allows his child to be baptized.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

But, Poin, how many people who are in mixed marriages show up anyway to their child's events out of love and respect for the kid? (And not to mention doing things as a family, not just if it's convenient to you.)
    I'm Catholic, I married someone who is an offshoot of Methodist, I was married in her church, my kids were dedicated in that church, too (you choose if you want baptized or not). Even though I'm not their religion, I went anyway because it means a lot to my wife and it was a big event for the kids.

I know what I am about to say has to be hypocritical because god knows I've commented on 1000 things here that weren't my business, but not one person here knows anything about what Tiger and his wife think, what they planned or anything else about this baptism.

Draft saved Draft deleted