1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA Finals 1, Delivery Room 0

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shotglass, Jun 6, 2007.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Don't know if this is a D/B or not. Don't much care. ;D

LeBron has made it clear that he'll be on hand for the birth of his second son if, and ONLY if, the Cavaliers aren't playing at the time.

http://ny.metro.us/metro/blog/sportsblog/entry/PLAYING_THE_FIELD_Baby_drama_Should_LeBron_stay_or_should_he_go/8888.html

This seems to be causing a split. I, personally, am leaning toward the idea that, yes, doing the most important thing in your profession might have to take precedence over standing next to the mother and holding her hand during delivery.

Thoughts?

2. I'd be at the delivery.

3. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

I'd suggest a pretty good rule of thumb would be:

Month of championship series - 9 months = When NOT to hit it. At least when NOT to hit it without the double-bag.

4. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

He should tell his wife to deliver the baby courtside.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I'd marry the woman.

Somehow I do not think much planning went to this child.

"Hey baby, if we plan a child now, what will I be doing nine months from now?"

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

As long as she's OK with him not being there, I sure as hell don't have an issue with it.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Curiously, Cowherd (I know, I know) said on his show this morning that a lot of the sentiment toward LeBron putting the NBA first comes from the females. A lot of the sentiment toward him being in the delivery room is coming from "enlightened" males. ;)

8. sportschick

Doesn't surprise me at all, Shottie. What men think women want isn't always what women really want. I've had multiple girlfriends who really didn't want their hubby in the room when they had a baby, but they weren't gonna tell him no.

9. markvid

markvid Guest

Delivery room.
    No question for me.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

But I'm guessing they want them there to say "I love you" in person sometime during the day.

11. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Maybe this should go on the old school thread, but I liked the days when the men paced in the waiting room.

12. sportschick

Some of them, well, I'm not sure of that.

And Bron-Bron can catch a plane back after a game to do that if they think he should. This is between him and his partner. Really none of our concern.

Draft saved Draft deleted