1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA Draft thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, May 20, 2013.

1. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Cavs fans should just be glad that you're not coaching their team/drafting for them. That starting lineup, outside of Irving and Varejao, would be atrocious offensively, and in no way be close to contending for a championship. Also, the players would get pissed at you for not being able to spell their names.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't think you can screw up the top pick this year unless Noel doesn't recover from his injury and every indication is that he will...

Noel and McLemore seem to be pretty safe picks. I'm not saying either will be great, but I don't think either is going to be a bust.

3. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

When did this whole LeBron is going back to Cleveland bullshit start?

It's not going to happen.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Noel isn't a safe pick. He won't play in the summer league, he won't be at training camp. When he does come back it will be slowly in the beginning and he may find a semblance of his 'groove' by April. He may rush back, the anti-Rose, and look bad. He may take too long and be seen as weak.
    A bad team can't take him with an eye that he will be useful this year, and his upside can only be realized if he bulks up without losing much quickness, not a strong probability.

5. Mizzougrad96

I think he's suggested that he'd like to play there again... Brian Windhorst said he thinks LeBron will play for the Lakers next and eventually end his career in Cleveland...

6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Have you seen Noel play? I'd assume not if you're projecting him as a PF. The guy has no forward skills at all. He's one of the most gifted shotblockers and rim protectors I've ever seen, but outside the paint he's offensively worthless. Can't see him playing anywhere but center in the near future.

As someone else noted, your proposed frontline would be an offensive disaster and commit an ungodly number of turnovers.

7. Bodie_Broadus

That's laughable.

8. Mizzougrad96

Do you think he'll opt out after next season? I think after two or three titles, he's going to want to move on... Who knows?

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

No way LeBron opts out. He's way too loyal to do something like that. He'll definitely retire as a member of the Miami Heat. I mean, he loves it there. It's just like home!!

10. Bodie_Broadus

I don't think he will. He's not going to Cleveland ever again. I can't see him going to the Lakers, I've heard the Lakers are gonna overpay for Brandon Jennings and his 40 percent shooting.

11. Mizzougrad96

I'm fully prepared for him to go to the Lakers, who will probably then turn around and hire Phil back before winning five of the next seven titles... The thought of this makes me want to vomit, but that's the way things usually work out for the Lakers...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  12. Mizzougrad96

The Decision II: Electric Boogaloo :D

Draft saved Draft deleted