1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA Draft Thread...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RecoveringJournalist, May 19, 2015.

1. qtlaw24

qtlaw24 Active Member

Doesn't Okafor seem like the next Brook Lopez? Great on one end; weak on the other end?

2. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Reminds me of the Howard vs. Okafor debates.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Hope the Lakers take Russell.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

OMG!!!! The Knicks dropped from 2 to 4!!!!! Stop the presses!!!!

(So they get Russell or Mudiay. Not a bad consolation prize. And it's not like Towns or Okafor is the next Anthony Davis).

As noted on the broadcast, whoever goes No. 2 is going to an infinitely better situation.

5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Winslow could be there at 4, too.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

7. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I doubt it was rigged this year, but watching the Lakers get the No. 2 pick is why people hate this stupid lottery. Knowing the Lakers, they'll take Okafor, sign Westbrook in free agency next year and be back in contention in a couple years. But it's nice to see the Lakers finally get some luck.

I'm not sure having the likely top picks there was the smartest move since they didn't look even the slightest bit interested after it was announced the T-Wolves were picking No. 1.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Yesterday, everyone was all "OF COURSE THE KNICKS WILL GET THE FIRST PICK RIGGED RIGGED RIGGED!!!!!!"
    Today, it's like "DUH OF COURSE THE KNICKS GOT THE SHORT END BECAUSE KNICKS!!!!!"

So now, it's onto the Lakers. They moved up two spots and boom, time to re-ignite the RIGGED debate!

It's always something.

JC likes this.
  9. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

10. RecoveringJournalist

I don't think it's rigged. I just think it sucks.

Go back to the old way. With most of the players coming out as 19-year-olds, there are no Olajuwons or Ewings or Duncans in the draft anymore. How many sure things have there been in the draft for the last 15 years? LeBron, Howard and Anthony Davis? Maybe Yao?

Are teams really going to tank to get Towns or Okafor? They're both nice players, but it's not a lock that they're going to turn your franchise around.

11. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I'd like to introduce you to:
    [​IMG]

12. RecoveringJournalist

Yeah, there's always one asshole team to support the other side of the argument.

Draft saved Draft deleted