1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA Draft question

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mark2010, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Not sure what to think of Rubio. I'd heard him described as a Spanish Maravich, but then I watched several of his Olympic games and didn't see him having that type of game at all. He sure didn't look like much of a scorer. Looked to me more like a skinnier and slower version of Jason Kidd---great ballhandler, good defensive instincts, tremendous passer, but a very mechanical and sometimes awkward looking outside shot. He'll be good, but not great. I think a lot of people are overrating him.

2. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Why would the FranchiseStealers want Rubio? They already have Westbrook.

3. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

No, but do you want someone who was involved in a drive-by on your team? As far as not knowing what was happening, bullshit.

As for his basketball talent, I think he has the highest ceiling of everyone in the draft, including Griffin. Griffin will be a very good player, but Evans could be special.

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Well, to put a cap on this.... Hansbrough was selected 13th by the Indiana Pacers. So top half of the first round. I predict he'll have a solid, if unspectacular, career.

Draft saved Draft deleted