1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA Draft Lottery

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Sxysprtswrtr, May 22, 2007.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Subbing in for the Clips... Lancaster Gordon

Or for the Knicks... Trent Tucker.

My Uncle Dan... "we could of had Clark Kellogg!!!! Trent Tucker? Are you kidding me?"

2. 93Devil

For the Suns - William Bedford

3. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Celts have Rondo. He's the future at the position.

4. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Again, it is the benefit of hindsight. What was Jordan's highest scoring average in college?

Further, did you know the Bulls were trying to either trade up to one of the top two spots to get Hakeem or Bowie or trade their pick for Jack Sikma then Terry Cummings?

They wanted a big man, too.

5. That's crazy. And that's also what Ainge believes, which is why the Celtics are doomed. He's the worst GM - I know he's technically the pres. of b-ball ops - in the league other than Thomas and Knight.

Rondo is a change-the-pace, first-man-off-the bench type - Robert Pack with better defense. Conley is going to be a real PG, a star. Pick him, or trade Pierce so he can go to a real team.

6. 93Devil

Probably a little bit more than Big Game James Worthy.

Bowie had Dinner Bell Mel Turpin taking half of his shots, so I don't think his college numbers were all that hot. Did he have Jim Master or Kyle Macy on that team as well?

Botttom line, they were all shitty franchises at the time. The Bulls were just lucky enough to get Mike.

Remember the bums and stiffs he played with his first few seasons?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CHI/1985.html

Quentin Daily anyone?

7. zagoshe

93 Devil -- My point is the Bulls landed Jordan not because they were smarter than Portland, but because they couldn't get a center and they picked after and not before the Trailblazers.

Picking Bowie blew up in their face, but a whole lot of other franchises would have done the same thing had they been picking No. 2. It is like killing the Chargers for taking Ryan Leaf instead of Charles Woodson in the 1998 NFL draft -- a whole lot of other teams would have done the same thing.

That's why I can give you, without the benefit of hindsight, about 20 far more idiotic draft picks than Portland's pick of Bowie. He just turned out to be a bust and mostly because of injury

And yes, there were some really shitty supporting casts for Jordan his first few years.

8. The Wolves come out as losers in this.

McHale will draft a stiff for the #7 pick.

Congrats to Portland and Seattle.

Portland was going to be good without Oden or Durant. Now, they may be where Utah is right now come next year.

9. zagoshe

McHale and Billy Knight were both great players, but why do they continue to keep their jobs?

10. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

Well, under a normal system, they would have gotten No. 2. And Celts fans would have been supremely disappointed with No. 3, too.

11. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I'm on the fence with Rondo. I saw some flashes of brillance and a whole lot of rookie mistakes. I hope he'll be more consistent and improved his second season.

But I agree. Ainge is awful. He gets credit for drafting well by the local media but guys like Jefferson and Green (who I still contend will be a very good player) fell into this lap. He traded Antoine Walker, a steady leader, for Raef freaking LaFrentz. He signed and severely overpaid Brian Scalabrine (who is despised in this city, BTW. it's like he has unfairly taken the blame for the FO ineptitude.) He kept Doc Rivers, a gawd-awful "coach" (if you want to call him that). He traded for Wally Scherbiak (sp?) who is injured nearly as much as Carl Pavano. And Roy-for-Telfar? I'm more upset with that than not landing Oden or Durant.

I'm thinking maybe Portland puts together a package with Zach Randolph to land Conley?

12. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

I know I would love to have a PG who shoots 20 percent from 3pt, has more turnovers than steals and is 6-foot-1 in his platform Nikes.

Draft saved Draft deleted