1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA Draft Lottery

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Sxysprtswrtr, May 22, 2007.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I'm sure the NBA is happy as can be that both of the so-called future franchise players are headed to the pacifc northwest and the land of 10:30 tip-offs

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Good point.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

But then who would New Orleans take? Katrina?

4. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Tommy Heinsohn looked like he was going to take down the new Russ.
    And Jerry West looked like he didn't give one silly little damn.

5. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Because Jerry West is the godfather. I'm sure he's gonna' make them an offer they can't refuse.

6. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Number 5??! Fucking kill me. What a shitty system. Ping pong balls determine the future of a franchise and a league instead of actual records. Genius idea. Yes, I'm bitching.

Watch 'em pick some white stiff or something, too, like Spencer Hawes. Oh well, New England still has the Pats and Sox competing yearly in the two remaining relevent American sports. Looks like the Garden will be dead again this winter, though.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I'm sure it would have been a shitty system if the Celts had been 1, 2 or 3. Oh well.

8. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

You're right. It should be determined by the team which tanks the best. Y'all would have been much better off that way.

9. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Who got the number 1 pick.

10. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Amazing that Oden and Durant are going to end up playing that close to each other, geographically ... at least until Seattle moves.

11. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Kobe

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

They had Atlanta's pick unless it was top 3. It was part of the Joe Johnson deal.

Next year the Suns get the pick regardless of where it falls.

Draft saved Draft deleted