1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA Draft Lottery

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Sxysprtswrtr, May 22, 2007.

1. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Good point in the Simmons article today:

"(the Celtics) disgraced the game of basketball for a 38.7 percent chance at Oden or Durant. Not even 2-in-5 odds."

It's true. The Celtics almost openly tanking was downright humilating and the fans chanting "We Want Oden" when the C's were leading was just as bad. I was in the arena a few times and hearing chants like that were surreal and disgusting, especially given the slim odds for the top 2 spots.

But in all seriousness, Simmons is wayyy too obsessed with Oden/Durant. He spent the last year tracking these guys like some psycho fanboy; his article was borderline creepy comparing the DRAFT LOTTERY to his child being born. Let's see how this draft plays out first.

Plus, the region still has the Sox and Pats as yearly legit contenders. Most cities can't say they have two teams that have a chance every season to do something special. And although the Celtics suck, they do have some very young and very exciting players like Jefferson, Green, Rondo, Delonte West, and the 5th pick (if they keep). Gomes is OK. Pierce is an All-Star. C's aren't going to contend anytime soon, but I expect them to be exciting and a helluva lot more competitive.

2. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

The point would have been a lot better if it wasn't coming from a "die hard" fan of the team who openly rooted for them to lose. If the Celtics disgraced the game, didn't he disgrace fandom?

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Exactly. All comes back to karma for me.

Draft saved Draft deleted