1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA draft for Oden AND Conley

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Apr 14, 2007.

1. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

Conley is also the new front-man for the Chicago 2016 bid.

2. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

That rule got Ohio State a trip to the championship game. I don't think the Buckeyes are complaining.

3. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

Conley is prob lottery pick ... Cook, not a chance. Kid doesn't have a jumper.

4. boots

boots New Member

That's why I listen to what Bob has to say. If you keep an open mind, you might pick up a thing or two.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Oh, they'll complain that those guys aren't coming back to give it another chance.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm missing something here. Why is Oden's father not as good of a source as his mother on Conley's father? Are they not very close?

7. boots

boots New Member

I think the parents should know what their kids are doing, even if they may be estranged. I would consider them good sources until proven otherwise.

8. SportBlogNow

SportBlogNow Member

I have a feeling that Oden and Conley end their careers on the same team. They obviously won't be drafted to the same team, but they love playing with eachother too much to never play on the same team again.

9. boots

boots New Member

What bothers me somewhat is Mike Conley Sr. studying to become a certified NBA agent. No doubt he'll represent his son and possibly Oden. I can't help but think about Joe Jackson trying to run the Jackson 5.

10. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

Dads have big dreams for their boys. Mommas knows the truth. She'll grab his ear and say "No you're not!You're going to bring up that Math grade!"

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Doesn't explain why Twoback considers Conley Sr. a good source but not Oden's father in this instance.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I may be wrong about this, but didn't Ray Allen hire a lawyer to do his contract a few years ago and saved millions? The NBA agreement is so rigid, there really is no bartering going on. So, why should he have an agent?

Sure, an agent may help with a shoe contract, but will they help the percentage they will take?

I love watching Conley play. I would pay money to watch him and Durant. Not so much Oden, at least not yet. Conley just plays the game at another speed. To say it moves in slow motion for him is an understatement. He always seems to know where the ball will go and how it will get there when he has the ball. You cannot say that for about 99 percent of all the players I have ever watched.

Draft saved Draft deleted