1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA draft 2012

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Jun 28, 2012.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

If that is his stance than fine. I don't agree with it and I think it's selfish but I understand it. It is all his other BS about what is good for the player that I have the issue with. He is still trying to legitimately say that Lebron James should have went the college route.

2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

The "always" part of your statement is very incorrect. Instead that's a modification of his position that he turned to only after his original position was overwhelmingly proven wrong. FIRST, he spent a couple years years here adamantly arguing that players with college careers had better pro careers, and were the only ones who could lead their teams to championships. It was only after that position was thoroughly slaughtered that he morphed it into the "I don't give a shit about the kids" position.

3. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

That's true, but that underlying reasoning that I laid out seemed evident to me even when he was making those arguments. I agree, though, that those arguments are ridiculous.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I was surprised that so many mocks had Robinson going second, but I didn't think he'd be there at No. 5.

I think Davis is going to be a home run, not as good as Durant or maybe Griffin, but probably better than most of the players who have come into the league in the last 5-6 years or so.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

But you have no concept of the NBA and college basketball in the 1980s.

6. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Um, what? I wasn't aware that all of the tape from those days doesn't exist. I'm quite aware of what basketball was like, on both levels, in the 1980s. I just don't agree with trying to hold people back from earning a paycheck because I want to be selfish.

I love it. You'll talk down to Republicans on political threads for trying to protect their self-interests, but then you come on basketball threads and spout this bs.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

What's funny is you seem to be stuck in the 80's.

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Weird that the whole "should they stay in college?" thing came up on this thread. 93Devil is a machine.

Why does Larry Bird keep trying to draft himself?

9. 93Devil

I'm the customer of the NBA, and just like a customer of any service industry, if the workers are doing a shitty job, I am not going say it is their right to collect a paycheck if someone better is out there.

And clips cannot tell the complete story of how cool it was when every freaking night you would have a Pearl Washington/Patrick Ewing game on TV or a Ralph Sampson/Mike Jordan game on ESPN, and when Magic and Bird would play in the Finals it was a much bigger deal, for all the right reasons, than what we see today.

I cannot imagine how cool being around when DiMaggio as going for 56 hits, no matter how many videos I watch. It was the same for hoops. The 1980s was the golden era.

10. 93Devil

Was I the person that first brought it up?

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

In his defense, he didn't bring it up this time.

12. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Guilty

Draft saved Draft deleted