1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA draft 2012

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Jun 28, 2012.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

No thread?

I just turned it on and Jones III and Sullinger seem to be the early losers out of the gate.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Been calling my dad during cautions in the Truck race (it's been plenty of calls) mocking him for UK players going 1-2 and then basically being ignored until Jones went 18th. :D

3. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

They'll have six guys drafted before the end, including the first and second picks--your dad will get the last laugh.

The draft has become like an annual Kentucky infomercial ever since Calipari was hired.

4. imjustagirl

My dad won't laugh. He's already pissed. :D And if you think having six guys drafted "by the end" is enough for UK fans nowadays, I'm sorry for your warped world view.

5. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Well, six will be the most ever drafted from one team in the history of the two round NBA draft--that's not good enough?

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Nice to see the Celtics drafted Acie Earl again.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

My alma mater won't get six drafted this year.

8. imjustagirl

Kentucky. Fans.

It might be enough for some. But others will take the gap from third to 18th as a slight.

9. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Fair enough. I am familiar with the Kentucky fan and, upon further consideration, I agree with you.

10. imjustagirl

Keep doing that and we'll get along just fine, Stoney. :D :D

I now just want Duke to have one more player drafted in the first round so I can say they had as many first-rounders as Kentucky. That will KILL the UK fans.

11. imjustagirl

DAMN YOU, CHICAGO BULLS!

12. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Wouldn't they rather have like 3, or any, return and maybe win back-to-back?

Draft saved Draft deleted