1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA All-Star Weekend running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by buckweaver, Feb 16, 2007.

1. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Howard's dunk was sweet, but he probably should've done a little more introduction to it. It's one of those dunks that would've gotten more love had he let the judges know his plan ahead of time.

I was covering a Magic game last year where he took an alley from Nelson and I swear that kid is freak of nature. The ball must've been two feet behind him, he reared back, grabbed it and I thought he was going to bring the backboard down.

2. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Can we please ban Nate Robinson from the dunk contest? Burned his ENTIRE two minutes and still needed two more tries to hit his final dunk.

Should have been Green and Howard in the final.

3. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Had the sound down. Did they ever say how high Howard put the sticker?

4. Overrated

Overrated Guest

I think they said 12-foot-6.

5. the scoring on Dwight Howard's sticker dunk was a flat-out joke. No way that should've been anything below 47.

6. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Carrot Top was in town to do a show, and he came by the YMCA that I worked out at. He's jacked. I mean, he's not jacked like an NFL guy or anything, but he definitely works out a lot and has been for at least a few years now, no doubt.

He also might be taking some, um, 'supplements.' :)

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

If Nate Robinson was 6-foot-3, we'd be remembering him fondly alongside Chris "Time for the Birdman to fly" Andersen. God, he sucks.
    That dunk by Howard, however, did not. That was just sick. And then the judging made me sick.

The Gerald Green as Dee Brown dunk was sweet as hell, too. Just wish he would've kneed Nate Robinson in the face on his way by.

8. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

I saw him in Vegas almost two years ago now. He was big. Like I had to do a double-take and say "no, that's not Carrot Top" big.

9. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Haha glad I'm not the only one who noticed then. Gotta be the funniest development of All Star Weekend: Carrot Top is not longer a scrawny, annoying, talentless clown. Now he's a just an annoying, talentless clown.

Draft saved Draft deleted