1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA All-Star Weekend running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by buckweaver, Feb 16, 2007.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Thought I'd get this going, since festivities are beginning tonight.

The celebrity game introductions are AWFUL. Looks like they're playing in front of a half-empty 7,000-seat "arena." Stu Scott is at his DJ Stewy buddy-buddy best. Usual cast of characters (a.k.a. a bunch of B-list no-names, plus LDT and Reggie Bush) are playing in the game. I hope this isn't a harbinger.

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I still love the slam dunk contest. I can't wait to see what Gerald Green is gonna' do.

And Buck, the only thing good about intros was when LTD juked out the camera guy as he was coming out.

3. I will watch the rookie game.

I want to see my guy, Randy Foye in that game.

It's too bad Rashad McCants got hurt because if he was healthy, he would be there reperesnting the sophmores.

4. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

So, Nate Washington is defending Andre Iguodala's title in the dunk contest, right?

5. melock

melock Well-Known Member

I don't know about Washington, but Nate Robinson will be there defending Iggy's title.

6. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Yeah. Him, too.

Oops.

7. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

He can probably dunk a little

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=7492

8. slowcenter

slowcenter Member

The Rookie/Sophomore Game introductions were done by a kid who must have won a contest or something. Probably about 12 years old. He did a great job copying the awful intros given by the worst PA announcers in the league. It was like fingernails on a blackboard.

9. John

John Well-Known Member

David Lee, yes that David Lee, was 14-for-14 from the floor. Chris Paul had 16 points, 17 assists and nine steals.

10. RokSki

RokSki New Member

God, sounds absolutely brutal.

The thing I'm most interested in from this weekend is who might get traded.

11. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

I believe the big trade was Jamie Kennedy for the due from Scrubs... oh you didn't mean in that game.

Anybody see Carrot Top last night? I've seen him in person (not at a show, in a hotel lobby in LA) and hewas probably 5-6, 140 pounds tops, but he looked jacked last night. I'm dead serious. I gotta think he got tired of getting shit from everyone, everywhere. Definitely see him now as the type of guy that would sucker punch someone at a club who tried to make a crack to him.

12. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

I can't help it. I'm STILL a sucker for the dunk contest.

And Dwight Howard got screwed.

Draft saved Draft deleted