1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA All-Star starters

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by subhead, Jan 25, 2007.

1. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

No Suns or Mavs on the West team? Absurd!

And, Shaq shouldn't be eligible. There should be a minimum games played rule. Otherwise, no problem with him.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I'd be OK with that. It just seems like RAMBO and his ilk voted for the all-stars, and he annoys me.

Course, I'd probably be content with a mandate that players have to play x number of games to be eligible.

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

While he gets in on name recognition alone, I don't think Shaq is the best Center in the East anymore. I think Dwight Howard has passed him this season.

4. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Dwight Howard is a monster. Just imagine what he could do if was the main focus of that offense.

5. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

This is all on fan voting? Kind of interesting that fans have more love for McGrady than Nash. I guess it's just the average fans that remember seeing McGrady pull off some crazy dunks in past all-star games, but you'd think fans would actually rather see Nash. The way he passes the ball is the only thing that could get me to watch this game... but I still won't.

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

You know who McGrady plays for? Yao's teammate. There's a heck of a lot of votes for being that.

7. slowcenter

slowcenter Member

Who is?

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Nash not starting is a joke. Sure it's an All Star game, but it's the recognition he deserves. Dumb.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Have to give Rockets fans credit, they rocked the vote, unlike Mavs and Suns fans. Common sense should have played a factor there for the voters, but you know what I mean.

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

No-one, they spread it around. Howard leads the team with 17.5 ppg, but Hill gets 15, Nelson 13 and Turkoglu 11.
    Easy to rock the vote when there's one team that gets followed in the most populous country in the world.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Nowitzki over Garnett

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Agreed. The most amazing thing about the snub is Dirk may end up being the MVP.

Draft saved Draft deleted