1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA 2020 Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Oct 15, 2020.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I like it. Shutting the fuck up and playing. Bitch hasn’t said anything worth hearing in his life.

2. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I’m reminded how much more I liked Steve Carlton when he didn’t talk to reporters.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I stand corrected. Shoot, where did that come from? The Suns record, not my mea culpa.

5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Chris Paul is like the one motherfucker that's still going to be effective deep into his 30s, which will make a ton of teams waste money on contracts for guards that aren't him. Then again, I think his struggles in the playoffs kind of masked that he was closer to the LeBron, Durant, Giannis tier of quality. He's made an All-NBA team *nine* times.

6. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

Better career:

Steve Nash
    Chris Paul
    Jason Kidd

7. sgreenwell

Paul > Kidd > Nash. Longevity would be the tiebreaker to me, because their peaks are probably pretty close, and Paul is still in the All-Star or near All-Star phase of his career. By this point, I think Nash was retired and Kidd was a spot-up shooter and offense runner.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Kidd>Nash>Paul

Sorry, Kidd was dominant, got to two Finals (okay in the East but still), then won a ring with the Mavs. Just a force of nature on both O and D and then the fast break. Nash got two MVPs, made his teammates better. Paul is a HOF'er and makes those around him better but IMHO did not have the impact on team that the other two did.

9. Splendid Splinter

Kidd was a terrible shooter until he learned the 3PT shot at the end of his career, but man he could guard. Nash could not guard at all. So I truly find it interesting. Even more so when you add Tony Parker.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Yes, but I don't even consider his shooting early on when I say he was dominant. His ability to penetrate and leverage good shots for his teammates was great (I'm so old that I watched him as a HS soph when some kid told me about a local stud)

Splendid Splinter likes this.
  11. Splendid Splinter

Not that old, but did watch him for the California Golden Bears, though.

qtlaw likes this.
  12. sgreenwell

Kidd was just a guy by the time he won a championship, and the Nets got killed by the Lakers one year, and lost in six to the Spurs the next. I don't think he got there solely because he was awesome, I view it more as him being "lucky" that he played in the East and that he was awesome. Paul has played his whole career in the Western Conference Thunderdome, where plenty of really good to great players never got into the finals because of the Lakers, Spurs and Warriors.

Draft saved Draft deleted