1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA 2019-20 thread.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Oct 7, 2019.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

That’s all?

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

And somehow win four of the next five.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

It’s just a feeling. I’m not saying it’s like executing against the Jets :)

4. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

Done more difficult in these playoffs! But have to win the next one for sure and realistically two to feel like they have a chance at all. After that last minute by Joker, just ugh. It's something that makes basketball fun but that was a crusher. It will be interesting to see how the Nuggets rebound from the emotion of something like that.

MileHigh likes this.
  5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Tremendous quote by Spoelstra regarding Herro's game last night: "People tend to overestimate what they can get done in a day, and underestimate what they can accomplish over months." Don't know if it's original or not - but that's going into the mental file.

He was talking about how Herro didn't become a star last night, but put in the time throughout the season to get better.

DanielSimpsonDay and sgreenwell like this.
  6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The Heat executing and getting good shots beyond the arc is fun to watch, they make decisive cuts, not half-a**ed ones (like Celts and 90% of teams do). When they don't fall though, they don't have many options except Butler in the mid-range and Dragic and Herro with their bank shots (which are cool too.) Spoelstra may well be a great coach when his career is over.

sgreenwell likes this.
  7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I think the evidence for him is already pretty good. He had the benefit of LeBron, Wade and Bosh, sure, but it's plenty easy to run afoul of those players, or, to not survive the decline phase once you lose three all-stars. He's consistently gotten the best out of players. Part of that is probably thanks to Riley, but I'm not sure how to divvy up the credit. The Heat have now consistently turned non-drafted free agents and non-Top 5 picks into contributors. (Can't remember which Lowe Post podcast guest it was with, but they were talking early in the 2019-20 season about how it is now known among agents that if you have a guy that won't get drafted, you try to land him with the Heat, because they get their guys developed and paid eventually, even if they don't do it.)

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I have no idea how Jamal Murray made that lay-up.

That dude is insanely good.

9. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Been so much fun watching Jokic and Murray. Going to be a lot of late League Pass evenings for this East Coaster next season.

10. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

Nuggets fan here, obviously, and I am realistic and know the 3-1 magic can't continue and tonight stunk because the chances were there but crap, decided to not get rebounds. I wasn't a fan of the officiating in the fourth, but those offensive rebounds were the difference. So while I guess we can dream of a third 3-1 comeback, it's time to look at the future and one thing I've thought more than once in each series so far is, man, this is a really good team. Get another consistent piece to complement Jokic and Murray, maybe in addition to Porter Jr. finding his way, and got to think they will be a factor in the West for a while. Especially if they stop playing from behind in both games and series.

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Damn gets boards !! Sometimes they just bounce away from you but damn what three in last 2 mins? Killer.

And Pope pulling up and swishing 3s? That can’t last right?

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

10 finals in 17 years for LeBron. When you think what his teams were like before and after he got there, incredibly impressive.

JC likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted