1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA 2019-20 thread.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Oct 7, 2019.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I'll be honest -- I've watched his teams for years and I still don't know if Billy Donovan can coach.

sgreenwell likes this.
  2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Sixers.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Bucks lose (I was rooting for them for Giannis) and now reading that the W’s actually have the best package available and are a strong option IF he decides to leave. Woohoo!! That would be sweeeet. Of course I admittedly hate when people talk about FAs and trades while games are still being actually played.

TigerVols likes this.
  4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Rondo in ‘20 looks like a real good player. Of course can’t expect 21 pts and 9 assists every game but he is definitely a stabilizing presence and is engaged defensively.

sgreenwell likes this.
  5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

When he's engaged, he's awesome. And with LeBron and AD out there, his passing and cutting is really valuable.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Rondo could've been one of the best ever.

7. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

Do the Warriors have the matching contracts, salary wise to get Giannis? I don't think the Bucks really want Wiggins - especially since he has two years left on his contract.

8. TigerVols

That's PLAYOFF RONDO to you, bub.

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  9. TigerVols

10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

It's the NBA, so there's always a way to make the money match-up, but I don't see how it works short of the Warriors moving a core piece - meaning, Curry or Thompson - or the Bucks' front office having a collective aneurysm. I'm positive the Warriors would be happy to move any combination of players and picks not named Curry or Thompson for Giannis, but I have no clue why the Bucks would do that.

That being said, the Bucks are in a kind of weird spot. Per Spotrac, they're $15M over the cap right now, so you're pretty locked into Giannis and the Pips unless you make a trade. I think Middleton can be a #2 or #3 on a championship team. Its probably fitting that Bud is their coach, because they have the Atlanta Hawks problem of a lot of "nice" players, but they probably need one more high ceiling kind of guy. Individually, Bledsoe and the Lopez brothers and George Hill are on defensible contracts, but collectively, that's close to $45M on above-average to below-average players, depending on the match-up.

Of course - They could just fire Bud. *shrugs* Like, the talent gap between the Heat and the Bucks didn't seem immense to me, but the Bucks probably should have been swept. Bud seems like a great regular season coach that gets exposed in the playoffs.

11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I'm not saying you would, but money-wise you can do Wiggins, Looney and the No. 2 pick for Giannis.

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

If I'm Milwaukee I would take my chances of losing him for nothing before I even considered that.

The Warriors picked the wrong year to have the number two pick.

sgreenwell likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted