1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA 2019-20 thread.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

There’s no right or wrong answer there.

A strange game. It seems the only winning move is not to play.

2. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I would think you have a higher chance of not blowing the game at that point with a made layup rather than free throws, but then you have to make the layup! The issue really shouldn't be the decision, it's missing the stinking shot. Funny, there's this much discussion when the Nuggets won the game. Can only imagine if the Jazz made the 3.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Jimmy Buckets and The Overrated Freak did their best to shit the bed but alas only “the best team in basketball” ultimately managed to.

4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Lu Dort had a terrific game... but if you're depending on Lu Dort in a game seven your team is not good.

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

What is the Bucks O in half court? Awful. Same with OKC in half court, at least in this game (good execution in prior games), Shai didn’t want to shoot and was driving to pass which is not a great look. Danilo looked very stiff. Credit to Harden for playing great D and making plays at end of game. CP3 was very good but didn’t have a play at end. Too bad.

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I did not have Harden winning that game with a spectacular defensive play. That was a nice little surprise.

That last in-bounds play for OKC... I mean, I get your options are limited on a side-out with 1.2 left... but THAT'S the play you draw up after two timeouts? Paul and (I think) Gallinari make lazy, half-assed runs toward the ball and then your go-to is Steven Adams for a 3-pointer? A guy who had made one 3-pointer in his seven seasons in the NBA?

8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Steve Nash. Did not see that coming.

9. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

I think he will do well.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Adams was heading AWAY from the basket.
    With 1.2 seconds left.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I had no idea what you were talking about, but just saw that news. Wow.

Draft saved Draft deleted