1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA 2019-20 thread.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Oct 7, 2019.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The owner in Sacramento is a classic case with his desire to be a "disrupter." Sure, he could keep a coach and players who led the team to its best record in years, but no - he's going the other way and break it up. Every team is super-charging their offense, but what if you "super-charge" your defense and don't play any at all? Aha!

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I had stopped watching the All-Star Game 15-20 yrs ago because it was a farce, but tuned in to the 4th qtr last night because heard it was competitive and it was fun to see the guys actually trying. Now the Giannis/Embiid/Lowry/Siakum team sure looked limited at the end (Embiid nice Dream-Shake but you're bigger, work in a spin move or jump hook) and LeBron's team looked like the better "team".

3. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Pistons buying out Reggie Jackson, who is signing with the Clippers

4. DanOregon

Anyone who hires JB Bickerstaff as an assistant is writing their own pink slip. Three straight gigs where he's been elevated to the HC position after the guy who hired him got whacked.

5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I don't really like that for the Clippers, or, them trading for Morris. Yes, Morris can theoretically match-up with guys like LeBron on defense, but I think it's a wash because he takes stupid shots on offense. Maybe Rivers can get something out of Jackson, but I'd rather just churn through minimum salary / young guys and hope you hit on someone, a la Miami.

6. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

I've watched a lot of TBT in the past 2-3 years and the difference is defense.

Still I love the Elam Ending. We did it for a high school Christmas tournament here and it was well received. One team rallied from 13 down to take a three-point lead and getting within one of the target before losing on a four-point play. I think college basketball should do it for the NIT if nothing else.

sgreenwell likes this.
  7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Jackson hurts the team even when he's healthy, which isn't often.

8. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

He was a good backup in OKC until he started thinking he was better than Russell Westbrook
    I think he has been humbled since then
    If not, Kawhi will kick his ass

9. Starman

10. DanOregon

It's gotta suck to be a Detroit sports fan these days - even the Red Wings are terrible. They've already been eliminated from the playoffs. 2019-20 might go down as the worst combined season for a city's Big Four in history.

11. Starman

All four Detroit franchises sucked most of the Seventies until the turn of the Eighties.

The Pistons had a brief glimmer in 74-75, then fell off the earth until the Bad Boys arrived. The Tigers were in the race in 73, then sank into oblivion.
    The Lions went down the toilet after Don McCafferty's death. The Red Wings sucked the whole decade long.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted